Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Pull Cart Recommendation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/pull-cart-recommendation-271890/)

dsnrbec 09-07-2018 10:29 AM

Pull Cart Recommendation

I would like to buy my husband a new pull cart for our anniversary and need some recommendations. He enjoys walking whenever possible and, of course, we always take our golf cart to the course. Most of the nicer pull carts are too large for our golf cart when folded. I guess they are designed for players who drive their cars to the course and then walk to play. He has an old, inexpensive one from Walmart which folds nicely for the golf cart but that’s about it for the plus features. Any ideas?

kfierle 09-07-2018 10:43 AM

I have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart that I use. I can leave my bag attached to the speed cart and put it on the back of my golf cart with no problems. A friend has a Speed Cart also and when I pick him up for golf, both of our carts with bags attached fit just fine on the back of my golf cart.

Sun Mountain Speed Cart

dewilson58 09-07-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfierle (Post 1579180)
I have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart that I use. I can leave my bag attached to the speed cart and put it on the back of my golf cart with no problems. A friend has a Speed Cart also and when I pick him up for golf, both of our carts with bags attached fit just fine on the back of my golf cart.

Sun Mountain Speed Cart

Agree. Really like mine.

Would not recommend a 4-wheeler.

dsnrbec 09-07-2018 11:59 AM

So you don’t have to fold it up? The ad says it’s 13”D when folded but I never imagined it would fit with the bag attached. You don’t happen to have a picture do you?

dewilson58 09-07-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsnrbec (Post 1579209)
So you don’t have to fold it up? The ad says it’s 13”D when folded but I never imagined it would fit with the bag attached. You don’t happen to have a picture do you?

don't have to fold.

just easier to put in trunk

look at the link provided

dnobles 09-07-2018 12:45 PM

If you want to buy a nice used one PM me My friend has one for sale Great shape but I don’t know what kind it is

LittleDog 09-07-2018 03:05 PM

I would not recommend a pull cart. Push carts are much easier to use and less strain on the back.

John

kfierle 09-07-2018 03:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsnrbec (Post 1579209)

Here is my bag on the Sun Mountain cart attached to the back of my golf cart.

Fredman 09-07-2018 04:17 PM

Can’t go wrong with sun mountain

Polar Bear 09-07-2018 06:06 PM

Another vote for Sun Mountain.

Bay Kid 09-08-2018 06:46 AM

Sun Mountain!

dsnrbec 09-08-2018 11:07 AM

Thank you so much!

dsnrbec 09-08-2018 11:08 AM

Very helpful, guys!

logdog 09-09-2018 03:22 PM

Sun Mountain is a push cart and I keep mine attached to the bag and stored on my golf cart most of the time. I usually put it in sideways and secure it with a locking golf bag cover that you can buy at the country clubs. They also have great customer service. I broke one of my wheels recently. Called the company and they sent a replacement wheel no questions asked.

UpNorth 09-09-2018 06:52 PM

I have both a Sun Mountain 3-wheel push cart and a 2-wheel BagBoy pull cart. The Bag Boy is fine if you don't have a heavy bag and a full set of 14 clubs. It is more agile than the Sun Mountain, and doesn't need you to set a brake on a slope (I've had my Sun Mountain get away from me on occasion; not fun watching it roll into a pond!). The Bag Boy is much smaller, compact, and lighter than the Sun Mountain, and you can push OR pull it if you want. I tend to switch between one and the other, but I think you would be happy with either one.