Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Nuts and bolts of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/)
-   -   TV Fire Department (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/tv-fire-department-272448/)

AnnGill 09-14-2018 04:40 PM

TV Fire Department

So, what do you do when you have to replace your smoke/CO detector? You call the fire department and get the model number to purchase a new one at Loew's. Then, call them back and some one will come and install it for you. That happened for me today. As it turned out, the whole fire department showed up!!! Indeed!! There were five of them and all looked about 18. They played with the cat, got the ladder out and put it back and the installation may have taken all of five minutes. They even brought the big red truck! WOW!! The downside was that no one in the neighborhood even knew they were there. So, as a favor they turned the siren on low for about three seconds as they pulled away!! If you live on Dalkeith Terrace, you missed it! Thanks so much for the great guys and the great service. We do indeed have the best on our side!! :bigbow::coolsmiley::)

rivaridger1 09-14-2018 04:46 PM

They love fresh baked chocolate chip cookies if you want to drop a couple of dozen off at the firehouse. White chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies are a guarantee they will come back when needed.

villagetinker 09-14-2018 05:57 PM

Interesting, I only thought they replaced batteries. I just replaced all of mine and I am now trying to figure out how to recycle these, I may not be around for the hazardous waste event.

JoMar 09-14-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1581152)
Interesting, I only thought they replaced batteries. I just replaced all of mine and I am now trying to figure out how to recycle these, I may not be around for the hazardous waste event.

I will be taking a bunch of stuff in November so if you want me to pick up your stuff I will be happy to do that.

villagetinker 09-15-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1581202)
I will be taking a bunch of stuff in November so if you want me to pick up your stuff I will be happy to do that.

Fantastic, I will send a PM.:coolsmiley:

birdawg 09-15-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anngill (Post 1581122)
so, what do you do when you have to replace your smoke/co detector? You call the fire department and get the model number to purchase a new one at loew's. Then, call them back and some one will come and install it for you. That happened for me today. As it turned out, the whole fire department showed up!!! Indeed!! There were five of them and all looked about 18. They played with the cat, got the ladder out and put it back and the installation may have taken all of five minutes. They even brought the big red truck! Wow!! The downside was that no one in the neighborhood even knew they were there. So, as a favor they turned the siren on low for about three seconds as they pulled away!! If you live on dalkeith terrace, you missed it! Thanks so much for the great guys and the great service. We do indeed have the best on our side!! :bigbow::coolsmiley::)

nice.