Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurant Reviews (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurant-reviews-272569/)

Chatbrat 09-16-2018 11:46 AM

Restaurant Reviews

In todays Daily Sun.lots of reviews as to your favorite restaurant--lots of reviews for Lopez Legacy--too bad the paper and or the people didn't know it no longer exists--

SFSkol 09-16-2018 12:45 PM

Proof that time does indeed stand still in the Villages.

swooner 09-16-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1581600)
In todays Daily Sun.lots of reviews as to your favorite restaurant--lots of reviews for Lopez Legacy--too bad the paper and or the people didn't know it no longer exists--

Too bad you don't know it's only closed for 5 weeks as new owners refurbish it and prepare to reopen it. Perhaps in the interim you might want to go to Johnny Rockets or the god awful Cody's Roadhouse which both got a number of best restaurant votes. A great testimonial to the classy opinions of Villages residents.

asianthree 09-16-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Goes to show how often some go out to eat. Or maybe it was the only restaurant name they could remember.:clap2:

Chatbrat 09-16-2018 03:10 PM

Some just failed their dementia or DUI test

davefin 09-16-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Yea, and the picture at McAllisters was three years old!

Jima64 09-16-2018 04:11 PM

Ha ha, this thread is funny but so true. Maybe the reviews are about the last time they ate there and not really caring about it now.

Chatbrat 09-16-2018 04:44 PM

Try to blind the public with La La Land reviews of fine dining here--its OK, but its not fine

fw102807 09-16-2018 05:11 PM

We love Johnny Rockets. It is one of the few places my husband can go and enjoy gluten free pancakes or French toast.

Mleeja 09-16-2018 05:36 PM

If everyone had the same taste we would only have one type of Ice cream. A restaurant does not need to be “fine dining” to be someone’s favorite. We all like different places for different reasons. Look at it this way, we select our favorite restaurants with our dollars. If you want “fine dining” and cannot find it in TV, go to Orlando or Miami. I would like to see a Capital Grill or Morton’s go into the Guy Fieri building. Then when it fails, we can ask all the “fine dining” folks why they didn’t support it.

ukbill70 09-16-2018 07:23 PM

Well Stated. T.V simply doesn't have enough residents willing to pay 'Fine Dining ' prices to support a restaurant of that kind. My wife and I rarely eat out but when we do it's either Toojays or Cane Gardens.

villagerjack 09-17-2018 12:49 AM

Many Villagers especially Seasonal owners eat out 7 days a week ....we do... and the cost of so called “fine dining” would be a financial burden many would not undertake on a regular basis. Aside from that, I do enjoy reasonably priced comfort food and find the restaurant choices completely acceptable in The Villages.

600th Photo Sq 09-17-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukbill70 (Post 1581718)
Well Stated. T.V simply doesn't have enough residents willing to pay 'Fine Dining ' prices to support a restaurant of that kind. My wife and I rarely eat out but when we do it's either Toojays or Cane Gardens.

News Flash...Most of the food food served @Too Jays is prepared at their central location frozen and delivered to their various locations.

Basically what you are ( Getting ) having is nothing more than microwave food that is available @most supermarkets. End of News Flash.

skip0358 09-17-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagerjack (Post 1581733)
Many Villagers especially Seasonal owners eat out 7 days a week ....we do... and the cost of so called “fine dining” would be a financial burden many would not undertake on a regular basis. Aside from that, I do enjoy reasonably priced comfort food and find the restaurant choices completely acceptable in The Villages.

Couldn't agree more. My wife is a great cook but there are MANY days we get a call from friends Hey we're going here or there want to meet us. So out we go. Some places have decent food some pretty darn good food. I try not to go to the places we don't care for the food. If I need a great meal I stay home period.

Doro22 09-17-2018 06:44 AM

I haven’t yet seen a review about the new ‘Bluefin’ that opened in Brownwood. Come on folks...what’s it like?