Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Local Candidates and Issues this November (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/local-candidates-issues-november-272616/)

twoplanekid 09-16-2018 06:51 PM

Local Candidates and Issues this November

As informed voting is important to help keep our democracy on track, I have included a link to League of Women Voters of The Villages / Tri-County Area for information on local candidates and issues. The POA and VHA will also have additional voter information available to help us all make the best choices this November.

Enter your personal address information then hit enter. Now, hit the tab “Get personalized information on candidates and issues”

Vote411.org | Vote411.org

twoplanekid 09-24-2018 06:58 AM

More information about local candidates can now be found on the VHA web site ->Elections - The VHA

graciegirl 09-24-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1581713)
As informed voting is important to help keep our democracy on track, I have included a link to League of Women Voters of The Villages / Tri-County Area for information on local candidates and issues. The POA and VHA will also have additional voter information available to help us all make the best choices this November.

Enter your personal address information then hit enter. Now, hit the tab “Get personalized information on candidates and issues”

Thank you. Very helpful.

Bucco 09-24-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1581713)

The League of Women Voters is an outstanding organization.

Proud to say, I worked closely with them for many years and always admired their attempts to keep everyone honest, and fight for the integrity of the voters and the process. I know they took the attacks on the process in 2016 (fraudulent voting, etc.) very seriously, and kept their responses non partisan. They provide a real service to the country.

Taltarzac725 09-24-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1584322)
The League of Women Voters is an outstanding organization.

Proud to say, I worked closely with them for many years and always admired their attempts to keep everyone honest, and fight for the integrity of the voters and the process. I know they took the attacks on the process in 2016 (fraudulent voting, etc.) very seriously, and kept their responses non partisan. They provide a real service to the country.

Thanks for this. I try to be a very well informed voter but it is hard with all the extremely stupid ads on TV.

Bjeanj 09-24-2018 01:11 PM

Thanks for the link. I almost didn’t look at this thread, as I thought it would be an op-ed piece.
Which I’m tired of.

I wish this decade was over.
:- |