Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New DeSoto McClure flyover 9-16-18 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-desoto-mcclure-flyover-9-16-18-a-272966/)

Goldwingnut 09-20-2018 09:51 PM

New DeSoto McClure flyover 9-16-18

DeSoto and McClure are growing rapidly, this is a flyover of the area on Sunday 9/16/18. Of special interest on this is the tunnel that is being built under CR468 for the MMP, mid-video is the initial flyover and at the end is footage taken 3 days later, big changes.

I hope you enjoy the video and the music.

DeSoto-McClure 9-16-19

Joeg180 09-20-2018 10:01 PM

Nice work on the fly over. Nice to see the progress of my new house from the air.

MSchad 09-20-2018 10:06 PM

Love your videos!
Thanks

stings 09-21-2018 06:18 AM

Another great video in the series. Much appreciated, as always. Thank you again..

Bay Kid 09-21-2018 07:09 AM

Thank you. They are great.

VillageIdiots 09-21-2018 07:36 AM

Don, love these videos. We watch this progress daily on the ground but it is so much more impressive from the air. Don't mean to knit-pick but the Verandas are not Villas, they are designer homes with floor plans the same as non-Veranda designer homes. Also, the area where you questioned if it will be another roundabout, yes that is what will go there. There will be 2 roundabouts between the turnpike and the entrance to Fenney on CR468.

Jima64 09-21-2018 10:12 AM

enjoyed the view of the Desoto area.

Chi-Town 09-21-2018 10:47 AM

Thanks for the flyover. Interesting that CDD12 will be 50% villas compared to 25% for the rest of The Villages.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Goldwingnut 09-21-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1583358)
Thanks for the flyover. Interesting that CDD12 will be 50% villas compared to 25% for the rest of The Villages.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

If you've watched over the years, in a new area the villas are the first homes started and when they put them on the market they sell quickly. The night my villa community went on the market 15 of 59 homes were listed, All sold within the first 2 hours.

Give them credit, they know their market and they know what sells. Each new generation of villas also improve. The current plans have inside laundry rooms, walk in shower, and straight vs curved driveways. If you look at the villa communities over the years you can see significant change from the ones near Spanish Springs and going south, more floor plans, bigger lots, more colors, fancier facades, 2 car garages, and now in Atwood 2 1/2 car garages.

Goldwingnut 09-21-2018 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VillageIdiots (Post 1583278)
Don, love these videos. We watch this progress daily on the ground but it is so much more impressive from the air. Don't mean to knit-pick but the Verandas are not Villas, they are designer homes with floor plans the same as non-Veranda designer homes. Also, the area where you questioned if it will be another roundabout, yes that is what will go there. There will be 2 roundabouts between the turnpike and the entrance to Fenney on CR468.

The original plans for Fenney referred to them as Veranda Villas so that has stuck in my head, but you are correct, they are designer homes with fenced yards.

I agree, the drawing released just 7 months ago showed 2 traffic circles on 468 (see attached map), but as we know plans change. The drawings show a traffic circle at 501/468 but they have now installed traffic lights at that intersection. If they were to have put in the circle they would have done so now instead of spending the money on the double traffic lights in all 4 directions.

VillageIdiots 09-21-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1583368)
The original plans for Fenney referred to them as Veranda Villas so that has stuck in my head, but you are correct, they are designer homes with fenced yards.

I agree, the drawing released just 7 months ago showed 2 traffic circles on 468 (see attached map), but as we know plans change. The drawings show a traffic circle at 501/468 but they have now installed traffic lights at that intersection. If they were to have put in the circle they would have done so now instead of spending the money on the double traffic lights in all 4 directions.

I didn't realize they were ever referred to as Villas. On one hand, it kind of makes sense, on the other it can be confusing which may be way they changed the term. But just to keep it confusing, a little, all of the floor plans go by different names as a Veranda than they do if they are a standalone designer home.

You have a point as well about the traffic light. I saw it go up and had thought a roundabout was to be there. As you say, plans change, so we'll see what we end up with. I remember when the Putt & Play was first announced, a chip & putt was supposed to be part of it, now it's not. Instead the chip & putt will be over on the other side of 468 near one of the new rec centers.

Anyway, the videos are great. Have missed them as so much has changed since the previous ones you did. A few weeks ago, I got up early on a weekend morning and went out on the lanai to have a cup of coffee and I heard a drone flying around very near my house. I wondered if it was you, but probably not as it was still mostly dark out because the sun wasn't quite up yet.

Chi-Town 09-21-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1583361)
If you've watched over the years, in a new area the villas are the first homes started and when they put them on the market they sell quickly. The night my villa community went on the market 15 of 59 homes were listed, All sold within the first 2 hours.

Give them credit, they know their market and they know what sells. Each new generation of villas also improve. The current plans have inside laundry rooms, walk in shower, and straight vs curved driveways. If you look at the villa communities over the years you can see significant change from the ones near Spanish Springs and going south, more floor plans, bigger lots, more colors, fancier facades, 2 car garages, and now in Atwood 2 1/2 car garages.

You sure are right about the newer villas and their enhancements.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

debbydebby 09-21-2018 02:50 PM

It is nice that you do these videos for us people who aren't there yet. I get to watch my house being built when you fly over from Sugar cane rec center I am across the street. Cant wait to be there. Thanks for all the videos.

Tim&MaryK 09-21-2018 06:28 PM

Thanks so much for these videos. We look forward each time you post updates on the new areas!

kcrazorbackfan 09-21-2018 07:22 PM

Wow! Incredible build rate. Great videos, please keep them coming.