Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Silver lake (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/silver-lake-273031/)

normandy 09-21-2018 03:48 PM

Silver lake

PLAYED SILVER LAKES THIS MORNING, IT JUST OPENED THE OTHER DAY, HAD TO LEAVE AFTER 2 HOLES, SOMEONE FORGOT TO CUT THE FAIRWAY, ALL (4) AND PEOPLE AHEAD OF US HAD SAME PROBLEM O LOST BALLS COULD NOT FIND THEM GRASS SO LONG, LOOKED FORWARD TO PLAYING IT AGAIN.:a040::bigbow::mademyday:

Bay Kid 09-22-2018 06:31 AM

Maybe the mower broke.... Fun little course.

mulligan 09-22-2018 07:33 AM

Par 3's do not have fairways. Only par 4's. Your tee shot should land on the green.

DonH57 09-22-2018 07:56 AM

We played it yesterday as well. We didn't lose any of ours. There were places we had to look. Two of us actually stepped on and found a couple. I'm sure it will be cut soon.

pauld315 10-12-2018 07:15 PM

They must have cut it recently. Wife and I played yesterday and found about 5 balls

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 10-13-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1583613)
Par 3's do not have fairways. Only par 4's. Your tee shot should land on the green.

The second hole at Silver Lake is a par 4. That entire fairway needed to be dug up and redone. Hopefully, they've done that and that's why the grass is a bit long now. That hole should also be redesigned.

A lot of money was spent at that course building a putting green in the wrong place, building cart paths and resodding the areas along the sides of the cart paths. The money should have been put toward rebuilding the second hole and building a new tee on number eight.

The course does have the best green of all of the executive courses that I've played I'll give it that. And does have a pretty good variety of shots. I would lengthen #4 to add another club that's needed to be hit, but the rest of it is OK.

Also, it would be really great if they thought about adding some bunkers.

DonH57 10-13-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1589640)
The second hole at Silver Lake is a par 4. That entire fairway needed to be dug up and redone. Hopefully, they've done that and that's why the grass is a bit long now. That hole should also be redesigned.

A lot of money was spent at that course building a putting green in the wrong place, building cart paths and resodding the areas along the sides of the cart paths. The money should have been put toward rebuilding the second hole and building a new tee on number eight.

The course does have the best green of all of the executive courses that I've played I'll give it that. And does have a pretty good variety of shots. I would lengthen #4 to add another club that's needed to be hit, but the rest of it is OK.

Also, it would be really great if they thought about adding some bunkers.

I believe Silver Lake is the only executive course without bunkers except for the waste area between #2 and #8. I always wondered why it's the only executive course you can drive the cart on all over and it's overall packed soil. Maybe the elevation?:)