Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/commercial-vehicles-27322/)

chacam 02-09-2010 08:15 AM

Commercial Vehicles

Can anyone please point to the specific language in the declaration of restrictions that bans a resident from parking a work or business vehicle in their driveway? A neighbor was told he couldn't do this even though no business ws conducted at the home. He just drove the vehicle home from work, parked it over night and drove back to work the next day.

zcaveman 02-09-2010 08:46 AM

Number 2.8 in all of the Deed restrictions I looked at just now. - No trucks over 3/4 tons .... except for service vehicles located thereon on a temporary basis while performing a service for a resident.

One guy in our neighborhood gets away with it by covering the business info, etc with white magnetic covers.

chacam 02-09-2010 09:19 AM

This guy has an S-10, well under 3/4 ton. Nothing I can find in the declaration that bars him from parking it in his driveway.

BogeyBoy 02-09-2010 09:33 AM

Our deed restriction reads as follows:

"No truck in excess of 3/4 ton, camper, boat, trailer, or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space except a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed."

I would say a work vehicle falls into the "or any vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle" category.

skip0358 02-09-2010 09:42 AM

Comm. Vehicle

I'm not the Sheriff but in my opinion that's a commercial vehicle.Having moved here from a small community that's how it started. One vehicle leads to many, the old if he can do it so can I. Most of us like TV because of the rules. I think before this topic gets crazy a call should be made to deed compliance and get an answer, They're the boss, I know how I read it. I will say I wouldn't be to happy if it were in my neighborhood, but that's me.

Don H 02-09-2010 09:55 AM

Skip, I agree with you. I notice that you came from Long Island. We are still here and we see this all the time. The neighbor next door has a 50 foot wide lot and owns seven vehicles. Two of those are commercial vans and they usually end up parking in front of our house. In our town there are no rules to prevent this. This is one of the things I won't miss about Long Island when we move to The Villages. I would hate to see people using loopholes there that would alter the general "feel" of the place with commercial trucks permanently parked in their driveways. They signed the agreement when they moved in. Now they want to slide under the rules.

otherbruddaDarrell 02-09-2010 10:07 AM

While here my first year I delivered oxygen for home delivery. When I was on call the truck (regular sized van)would be left in TV hospital parking lot in order to be in compliance.

MelZ 02-09-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chacam (Post 247642)
This guy has an S-10, well under 3/4 ton. Nothing I can find in the declaration that bars him from parking it in his driveway.

Even if this was true he would be violating the intent of the rules and disrespecting his neighbors.