Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Bill Cosby sentenced (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/bill-cosby-sentenced-273298/)

My Post 09-25-2018 02:41 PM

Bill Cosby sentenced

Judge orders 81 year old Cosby to head to prison immediately.
3-10 years.

Has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in a long time.
Could have paid for anything he wanted....what is it with rich guys and wanting to control people who don't consent???

BobnBev 09-25-2018 03:03 PM

That's most likely a life sentence.

Kenswing 09-25-2018 03:14 PM

I wonder if he'll end up at Coleman.. lol

karostay 09-25-2018 03:17 PM

HEY HEY HEY>>>>Dirt Bag

CFrance 09-25-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Post (Post 1584835)
Judge orders 81 year old Cosby to head to prison immediately.
3-10 years.

Has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in a long time.
Could have paid for anything he wanted....what is it with rich guys and wanting to control people who don't consent???

That's one part of the problem. Wrong mindset, poster.

graciegirl 09-25-2018 04:31 PM

I really liked his TV persona. I am so disgusted with what he did. Another weird sexual fetish. Creeps me out to think someone could WANT a woman to be unconscious to have sex with her.

Another thing is his wife standing by him. He was so screwed up and deserves this sentence. A lot of people have been terribly disappointed and angered by this awful stuff.

Bucco 09-25-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1584914)
I really liked his TV persona. I am so disgusted with what he did. Another weird sexual fetish. Creeps me out to think someone could WANT a woman to be unconscious to have sex with her.

Another thing is his wife standing by him. He was so screwed up and deserves this sentence. A lot of people have been terribly disappointed and angered by this awful stuff.

Over the past years watching reports of "similar" "macho" acts, we seem to have selective "disappointment" and "anger"

Hoping we get it together and look down on this stuff, even if the victim is conscious.

manaboutown 09-25-2018 04:58 PM

He drugged and raped many, many women for decades. I only wish he had been caught and locked up sooner. Celebrities like Cosby and Weinstein sure got by with a lot over the years. Hey hey hey - Lock him up!

Jima64 09-25-2018 06:05 PM

Bye bye

Good riddance to the old perv.

ColdNoMore 09-25-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1584878)
That's one part of the problem. Wrong mindset, poster.

:agree:

#Me Too

Taltarzac725 09-25-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1584924)
He drugged and raped many, many women for decades. I only wish he had been caught and locked up sooner. Celebrities like Cosby and Weinstein sure got by with a lot over the years. Hey hey hey - Lock him up!

From a Facebook page I am part of about growing up in Reno, Nevada in the 1960s and 1970s various show girls knew to keep away from him. There was scuttlebutt about Bill Cosby decades ago in the entertainment industry connected to Reno/Tahoe. He lived in the Reno area for a long time. He was very well liked and quite powerful in many ways. A tough man to bring down.

I chatted with some of the former show girls who had been aware of his transgressions and my younger brother who was in Reno a lot more in the 1980s than I was used to make off color jokes about Cosby which I never quite got until all this came out rather recently.

Bill Cosby was a frequent visitor to Northern NEvada

tophcfa 09-25-2018 09:26 PM

Don't let the door of your prison cell hit you in the ass, dirtbag. Hey Hey Hey!

jane032657 09-25-2018 09:51 PM

The most likely reality is that he will be in a correctional institutional setting that is comfortable and will offer him a lot of care-with his visual impairment and frailty, along with his celebrity status. I do not think his environment will be the same as other sex offenders. Time will tell, but he will probably have more of an assisted living environment with lots of people providing services to him. Hopefully he does not try to get more attention that he deserves....

Taltarzac725 09-26-2018 01:21 AM

SCI Phoenix state prison is where Cosby will begin serving sentence - CNN

Cosby is going here. This is a new maximum security prison in PA. My guess is that he will be kept away from the general population of prisoners.

redwitch 09-26-2018 01:54 AM

According to AP, he’ll be going to a minimum security state prison where they have special housing for geriatrics and sex offenders. Wonder which cell block he’ll be sent to? I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he gets an early release due to health issues. Better that he pay for medical than the state (or would it all come out of Medicare?).

Then there is the question of the civil cases. I imagine the punitive damages will be astronomical. He may end up broke before this is all truly over.

I feel for his wife and children. He’s getting what he deserves. What he did was disgusting, vile and downright evil.