Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Attic Insulation Contractors ???? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/attic-insulation-contractors-273743/)

Golden Domer 10-02-2018 02:29 PM

Attic Insulation Contractors ????

I am interested in adding insulation to my home over the lanai area...... we are enclosing this area in a few weeks..... any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!!

DangeloInspections 10-02-2018 04:35 PM

I am typically quite cautious about giving recommendations. However, I have had the opportunity to work with Timberwood many times and found them to be honest, ethical, and do a very good job insulating attic spaces, Lanai's, etc. I have seen them fix issues other companies have made.

The contact person is Wade for their insulation sales. His number is 352-661-0159.

I have found most insulation contractors to have very close estimates, as it is not difficult to figure out one's needs. For me it comes down to who can I trust to do a good job and not short a person on the amount of insulation, etc.

Timberwood would be my first and only choice in The Villages.

Hope that helps!

Frank D.

simpkinp 10-02-2018 08:09 PM

Thanks. I did not raise the question but have been thinking about trying to do something to keep it cooler here as I have a western exposure. Timberwood did the original cabinetry in my home 11 years ago and I have had them do mor since moving in. They are an excellent and trustworthy company and stand behind their work. I did not know they did insulation. Thanks for the recommendation

arbajeda 10-02-2018 08:36 PM

Insulco insulated the area over my garage to R38, blown in, for $520.00.

Golden Domer 10-02-2018 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info....... appreciate your comments and insights!!

dewilson58 10-03-2018 07:09 AM

If it's not, insulate above your garage too.

leftyf 10-03-2018 07:57 AM

We have Duke Energy, and they have a Home Energy Audit Program. They will do it for free every 5 years. We just had 6" of insulation added to our attic due to their recommendations and they paid for part of it. I would recommend everyone have the free energy audit done, it checks everything then you decide if you want to do any improvements at reduced costs.

Blondesare 10-03-2018 08:41 AM

I also used Timberwood. They did a great job. I had them re-do my house insulation, add insulation over my lanai and garage. My electric bill is down a third and my ac doesn't run nearly as much. Which saves wear and tear on your ac unit. Timberwood 352-638-6239

Golden Domer 10-15-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangeloInspections (Post 1586826)
I am typically quite cautious about giving recommendations. However, I have had the opportunity to work with Timberwood many times and found them to be honest, ethical, and do a very good job insulating attic spaces, Lanai's, etc. I have seen them fix issues other companies have made.

The contact person is Wade for their insulation sales. His number is 352-661-0159.

I have found most insulation contractors to have very close estimates, as it is not difficult to figure out one's needs. For me it comes down to who can I trust to do a good job and not short a person on the amount of insulation, etc.

Timberwood would be my first and only choice in The Villages.

Hope that helps!

Frank D.

Thank you for the Recommendation....... Timberwood Insulation Contractors ( Wade) was great to work with........