Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Flu shot (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/flu-shot-274220/)

Buzz2911 10-08-2018 04:18 PM

Flu shot
 
Does it matter where I should get my flu shot. Any place better

raynan 10-08-2018 09:16 PM

Publix gives a $10 gift card when you get a flue shot.

Nucky 10-08-2018 10:47 PM

I don't think the place matters, it gives me the flu every time. I got the triple threat of shots, Flu, Pneumonia, Shingles. All good so far.

Tom C 10-09-2018 12:35 AM

One piece of info - it takes up to 30 days for your body to build the antibodies to protect you from the flu. So... the sooner you get the shot the sooner your body can work to protect you.

We always get our shots as soon as the vaccines are released.

red tail 10-09-2018 04:47 AM

$10 coupon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1588511)
Publix gives a $10 gift card when you get a flue shot.

so does winn-dixie

Brandigirl 10-09-2018 05:21 AM

CVS (at least on 301 and 44) give Thermisol Free flu shots plus you get a 5 dollar coupon towards a purchase. Publix does not give Thermisol free. Thermisol is a mecury compound like preservative put in multidose vials as a preservative. That means one vial can give about 10 flu shots. The Thermisol free is one syringe for one shot. I choose Thermisol free. It actually takes 2 weeks for you to get protection from the flu shot.

Bjeanj 10-09-2018 09:31 AM

Two years ago I got mine at Walgreens, and had to wait around as I didn’t plan for how busy the pharmacy was. This year i was at the dr’s anyway so got it there and no waiting.

By the way, I got the 65+ flu shot and it seems it’s a bit more viscous. I felt the vaccine going in, that’s for sure! Only uncomfortable for a minute. I appreciate it when people DO get vaccinated, as I have asthma, and don’t want to be around people who have the flu.

graciegirl 10-09-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjeanj (Post 1588572)
Two years ago I got mine at Walgreens, and had to wait around as I didn’t plan for how busy the pharmacy was. This year i was at the dr’s anyway so got it there and no waiting.

By the way, I got the 65+ flu shot and it seems it’s a bit more viscous. I felt the vaccine going in, that’s for sure! Only uncomfortable for a minute. I appreciate it when people DO get vaccinated, as I have asthma, and don’t want to be around people who have the flu.

I was achy for several days but it could be just ...cough old age.

Bjeanj 10-09-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1588619)
I was achy for several days but it could be just ...cough old age.

:laugh::laugh:
Well, my shoulder hurt for a day like someone slugged me, but that could be because I washed windows.
;-)

PersonalChoice 10-09-2018 01:28 PM

No flu shot for me since 25 years ago my husband got the flu shot at work, got the flu, and then passed it on to the entire family. He still has residual effects from that shot. No thanks! I'll take my chances with nature. P.S. I have not had the flu in almost 25 years, knock on wood.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.