Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Single and 60 in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/single-60-villages-27439/)

rfishxf 02-14-2010 12:03 PM

Single and 60 in the Villages

I am a 60 year old man, about to be divorced, planning to move to the Villages, who will be dating again for the first time in many years. So, finding out about the Villages social scene for singles around my age is the area of my question.

What is the singles activity like for those around my age in the Villages.....are there many women around my age and single in the Villages for possible dating.

What clubs and social groups (dedicated to singles and in particular single boomers), other groups (like golf or travel focused) exist to meet women around my age.

Where do singles go on a Friday or Saturday night to meet other singles.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

ConeyIsBabe 02-14-2010 02:53 PM

Another single wannabee ~~

I can't answer any of your questions from personal experience, cuz I'm still a wannabee :popcorn: but from hanging out at this forum for a couple of years, I am confident that you will enjoy your status as a "single man living in TV" as the odds are definitely in your favor :MOJE_whot:

graciegirl 02-14-2010 02:57 PM

Single or double, TV is a lot of fun for everyone.

I am not single but I am an observer and it appears to me that the singles scene is very alive and well here. I personally know a number of them and they are so nice and the greatest fun and very busy with any number of activities.

I welcome you and hope you find a lot of new friends single and double, and especially a MS. RIGHT for you.

I am sure you will love it here.

KathieI 02-14-2010 04:05 PM

Coney Island is right. You will have a great time. The odds are definitely in your favor.

I am part of the singles activity group here and we do have a ton of fun... So much to do every day and every weekend, from sports, to home parties, to dancing at the clubs, to special events being held in TV. You can easily become part of our group by letting us know when you are here and we can meet up with you. Don't worry about where to go in the evening, I haven't been home one night in the past 4 months and usually close every night spot around town.

There's also a singles club (actually 2 I believe) where you can join and attend their very ambitious event schedules. They have dances and sports activities all the time.

I'm sure you'll have a good time, just let us know when you get here. Okay???

Pturner 02-14-2010 10:12 PM

Not speaking from personal experience either but...

Oh my, you're gonna love TV!

parks61 04-25-2010 01:21 PM

I have been going down for the past 4 years - I'm 62, divorced man and I can tell you only one thing "you are going to enjoy it". Don't worry about meeting someone to date - that will be the least of your problems. Contact Kath and join her friends a few nights at Gators...... ENJOY

manaboutown 04-29-2010 06:14 PM

On my trip to TV late last September I went to one singles function so heavily attended every seat in a very large meeting room was taken. Most of my time in TV was spent getting familiar with the look and feel of TV which extended over a surprisingly large area (although it was very easy and quick to get around) and there was so much to see and experience that I did not have much time to focus on what the single life might be like. I hope to return and spend more time in TV to get a better sense of what living there as a single man would be like.

New question: Which neighborhoods might be good choices for a single person's residence? Is it best to reside near a gathering spot such as Sumter Landing or Spanish Springs or?