Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Vessel sinks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/vessel-sinks-274725/)

shighsmi 10-15-2018 10:24 AM

Vessel sinks

We are having Granite countertops installed and are thinking about vessel sinks in the bathrooms. Has anyone done this and are you happy with them?

Chatbrat 10-15-2018 10:34 AM

Yes , vessel in the guest bath--works well and attractive--think about electric heating for kitchen counter (bar area) plates cool down real fast on granite-- we got some warmers from Chewy.com--solved the problem

Nucky 10-15-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shighsmi (Post 1590368)
We are having Granite countertops installed and are thinking about vessel sinks in the bathrooms. Has anyone done this and are you happy with them?

If you are selling the house they are a great eye catcher. As a matter of praticality then a Vessell Sink is an absolute NO GO! :ohdear: They do look nice though.

Chatbrat 10-15-2018 12:04 PM

Thats why its in the guest bathroom

CFrance 10-15-2018 02:31 PM

I can't stand ours. I don't know why, but they are difficult to use as in trying to wash your face. They make me feel all closed-in. Also, be sure they are steep enough to drain well, or the drain is situated in such a fashion as to promote drainage. Ours won't for some reason, and we have to hand-swish the last bit of water into the drain and then wipe it dry with a washcloth. They are the next thing to go in our second home (husband doesn't know this yet).

Debelg 10-15-2018 03:00 PM

I have vessel sinks I love them , no need to bend down too much to wash you face as for draining we had 2 homes with vessel sinks most come with a push center drain if installed correct then it will drain just like any other sink .

BobnBev 10-15-2018 03:04 PM

The title "Vessel sinks" made me thinks this was about another disaster. I was ready to call the Coast Guard for more information.:boom::boom:

EdFNJ 10-15-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1590452)
The title "Vessel sinks" made me thinks this was about another disaster. I was ready to call the Coast Guard for more information.:boom::boom:

LOL, was about to post the same thing! I thought it had to do with the recent hurricane.

shighsmi 10-15-2018 09:14 PM

vessel sinks

Thanks for your reply I think we are going to go with undermount rectangle.

Nucky 10-16-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shighsmi (Post 1590568)
Thanks for your reply I think we are going to go with undermount rectangle.

Absolutely a winner. Bet it's going to look great. Good Luck. :coolsmiley:

BK001 10-16-2018 09:12 AM

Vessel Sinks

Wow, am I the only one who thought she was going to be reading about a ship that sunk?

Madelaine Amee 10-16-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shighsmi (Post 1590368)

Seabreeze Rec Center has vessel sinks in their ladies room. They look gorgeous, but after people have used them water has splashed out everywhere and that is only from hand washing. Personally, I would NEVER buy a home with vessel sinks, but just my personal preference.

graciegirl 10-16-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1590689)
Seabreeze Rec Center has vessel sinks in their ladies room. They look gorgeous, but after people have used them water has splashed out everywhere and that is only from hand washing. Personally, I would NEVER buy a home with vessel sinks, but just my personal preference.

I agree. Beautiful but time consuming to keep sparkling.

CFrance 10-16-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1590689)

Yep. We have that problem too, esp. a certain someone who shall remain unnamed but whose initials are DH!

N44125 10-16-2018 01:18 PM

Old news...I thought OP meant the ‘vessel’ behind Cody’s at LSL.