Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sewage Treatment Plant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sewage-treatment-plant-27477/)

whamrick 02-16-2010 01:56 PM

Sewage Treatment Plant

We are looking to purchase a home south of the Kenya golf course south of the sewage treatment plant at the intersection of Buena Vista and Bonita. Today there was a slight odor from the plant in the area east of the plant. Is this an ongoing issue with the plant or something unique? Does it affect the area south of Bonita Blvd and just east of Buena Vista?

Grill Meister 02-16-2010 02:23 PM

Recaptured water treatment plant

I may be wrong, but would bet the farm that it is not a sewage treatment plan but one of the many recaptured water treatment plants that you will find all over TV, especially at golf courses. If you detected an odor, I would be curious to know its origin....to my knowledge, none of the treatment plants emminate...imminate...put out odors....at least non objectionable.:doh:

golf2140 02-16-2010 02:58 PM

I hate to give you a short answer, but it depends on the wind. Yes it lasts all year. Not as bed when the snowbirds go north:cold:

Bogie Shooter 02-16-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 249062)
I hate to give you a short answer, but it depends on the wind. Yes it lasts all year. Not as bed when the snowbirds go north:cold:

:a040:

NJblue 02-17-2010 10:20 AM

I had a tour of the plant and it definitely is a full-fledged sewage treatment plant. We stood right above the tanks (not a pretty sight), and there was a bit of an odor but not as bad as one might expect for being so up-close and personal. When I bicycle in the area I occasionally smell it as well - nothing strong, but just a hint of an odor. One thing to note is that this plant (which is one of several around TV) is going to be expanded to treat all of the sewage for the final sections south of 466A.

normgreg 02-17-2010 10:48 AM

Its in the air!

After having a Lifestyle program stay in a villa in the village of Liberty Park. I made a decision to check any area we would buy in for the location of a treatment plant. We had a strong odor from the plant from the other side of Buena Vista. It wasn't everyday, but often enough to want me to buy elsewhere.

whamrick 02-17-2010 04:42 PM

Sewage Treatment Plant

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. One of the things we like about The Villages is the very helpful people we've met. It is a special place.

If anyone else has a comment about the Buena Vista/Bonita Blvd treatment plant, please add your thoughts.

jeffy 02-21-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whamrick (Post 249255)
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. One of the things we like about The Villages is the very helpful people we've met. It is a special place.

If anyone else has a comment about the Buena Vista/Bonita Blvd treatment plant, please add your thoughts.

It smells. I know others say that when they go by this plant and the one near Alahmbra that they say they dont smell anything. Anytime the wife and I go by either one in the cart or the car with open windows we look at each other and go heuuuuuu.

jeffy

coffeebean 02-21-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 249062)

What do the snowbirds have to do with it??? Why would the odor be worse when the snowbirds are here??? Just wondering.

villagerjack 02-21-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whamrick (Post 249255)

We live in the Villas off the Kenya Golf course looking out over the course to Bonita Blve. Been here 2 1/2 years for the winter and fall seasons and never noticed an odor although when I drive on Buena Vista there is sometimes an odor.

Russ_Boston 02-21-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 249870)
What do the snowbirds have to do with it??? Why would the odor be worse when the snowbirds are here??? Just wondering.

Think about it.........Ok time's up.

It's a sewerage treatment facility. Sewerage comes from, well you know where it comes from. More people in TV equals more sewerage. At least that would be my interpretation.

Hawkwind 02-21-2010 10:55 PM

Quantity not quality.