Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Secure golf bag to cart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/secure-golf-bag-cart-274827/)

MrGolf 10-16-2018 01:38 PM

Secure golf bag to cart

I obtained for testing a device called BagBolt which attaches to your bag and secures it to your cart. No more bags falling off carts. No more slipping and sliding. Helps to prevent theft of clubs and bags. Easy to remove if transferring your bag to a friends cart. Less than 10 seconds to attach. Should be available soon in golf retail establishments here in The Villages. Take a look. Bag Bolt. I have used it for the past month. Great device.

Dan9871 10-16-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1590733)
Helps to prevent theft of clubs and bags..

How does it help prevent the theft of clubs and bag? Looks like one quick squeeze on the connector and the back is off. Clubs are just sitting in the open too. Am I missing something?

BobnBev 10-16-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1590765)
How does it help prevent the theft of clubs and bag? Looks like one quick squeeze on the connector and the back is off. Clubs are just sitting in the open too. Am I missing something?

Wondering the same thing. Are they serial numbered for ID protection?

Rapscallion St Croix 10-16-2018 04:35 PM

I don't think very many golf bags detach from carts without the benefit of human error.

MrGolf 10-16-2018 08:10 PM

They are planning to convert the piece that attaches to to bag to a locking device opened with a two digit code. This device will not stop someone from stealing an individual club but it will stop the theft of a complete bag. It also prevents the bag from falling off the cart which we see many instances of here in The Villages.

Ooper 10-16-2018 11:20 PM

Looks well made and all but I think it's quicker just to use the strap on the cart. Never have seen a bag fall off that was secured by the cart strap. Good luck!

thelegges 10-17-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1590857)
They are planning to convert the piece that attaches to to bag to a locking device opened with a two didgit code. This device will not stop someone from stealing an individual club but it will stop the theft of a complete bag. It also prevents the bag from falling off the cart which we see many instances of here in The Villages.

In over 10 years I have only seen one bag fall off a cart, from a newby that had never driven a cart much less played golf.
A new bag that I am looking at locks clubs in place to prevent theft, but not sure if the locking device extends to the bag itself

photo1902 10-17-2018 05:59 AM

I don't understand why I would pay $25 for a device to secure the bag to the cart, when my cart already has a strap?

Marathon Man 10-17-2018 06:07 AM

Yea. I agree with some of the others. A cable and lock will accomplish the same thing.

MrGolf 10-17-2018 06:46 AM

I have seen a number of bags fall off carts following rounds where people playing in another cart transfer their clubs back to their own cart. A couple of weeks ago, a gentleman’s clubs fell off his cart at Mangrove and his driver shaft snapped. The device connects and releases quickly and stays with the golf bag. With the locking piece in play someone will not be able to drive up and potentially steal your entire bag while you are having lunch. If you make it difficult for a thief chances are they will pass up on your bag which is exactly what you want.

Rapscallion St Croix 10-17-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1590893)
I don't understand why I would pay $25 for a device to secure the bag to the cart, when my cart already has a strap?

You wouldn't, I wouldn't, and neither will all the customers the developer of this product is counting on. Failed enterprise in the making.

Marathon Man 10-17-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1590901)
I have seen a number of bags fall off carts following rounds where people playing in another cart transfer their clubs back to their own cart. A couple of weeks ago, a gentleman’s clubs fell off his cart at Mangrove and his driver shaft snapped. The device connects and releases quickly and stays with the golf bag. With the locking piece in play someone will not be able to drive up and potentially steal your entire bag while you are having lunch. If you make it difficult for a thief chances are they will pass up on your bag which is exactly what you want.

Nope. Still not convinced.

blueeagle65 10-17-2018 07:57 PM

Looks like a nylon strap - a sharp knife slices through it like butter. I use a bicycle cable/lock.

villagerjack 10-18-2018 12:19 AM

A bungee cord will do the same thing.

Ooper 10-18-2018 03:26 PM

IMO, if a golfer forgets to strap in his bag after a round of golf, what makes you think he is going to remember to use this device? Is there a siren or buzzer that is going to go off if it isn't latched? I don't see it either... sorry!