Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Fast food burger joints get a F (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/fast-food-burger-joints-get-f-274928/)

Chatbrat 10-18-2018 03:46 AM

Fast food burger joints get a F

most fast food restaurants in TV got a F for using meat with antibiotics in the meat they use for burgers
Burger King
McDonalds
5 Guys
Culvers
Steak & Shake

fishon 10-18-2018 05:22 AM

The f rating is due to not having a corporate policy in place to not use beef raised with antibiotics, nothing else.
How did Publix rate?

NotGolfer 10-18-2018 07:26 AM

Unless you can afford grass-fed beef (any meat really)...then this will be a factor. I'd venture to say that ALL restaurants would fall under the OP's post. Our culture, today, is harder and harder to find actual "organic" foods like our ancestors ate. "IF" you can find it, it will be more expensive and less plentiful.

Rapscallion St Croix 10-18-2018 08:42 AM

Given the choice between eating critters who were dosed with antibiotics versus those full of harmful bacteria, I shall interpret the "F" to mean "FINE". I might add that I belong to PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals and believe that vegan flatulence accounts for 80% of global warming.

SFSkol 10-18-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1591254)
Given the choice between eating critters who were dosed with antibiotics versus those full of harmful bacteria, I shall interpret the "F" to mean "FINE". I might add that I belong to PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals and believe that vegan flatulence accounts for 80% of global warming.

Exceedingly well-turned.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 10-18-2018 10:25 AM

Is anyone that eats in any of these places really concerned with the quality of the beef?

Is there anyone that knows that the food served in these types of restaurants is not healthy?

I admit I very occasionally will eat at Burger King, but I understand the risks and I think that everyone that eats there understands.

Cake, pie, bread, cookies and beer are not good for you either. But people consume them.

It's all about balance.

bilcon 10-18-2018 11:11 AM

If it taste good, eat it. All the sh-- I ate over the years and I am still going strong. I have seen some pathetic looking "healthy eaters" who look like they could use a good meal. or a not-so-good meal. You are making me hungry. Any White Castle hamburger places around. I could go for 10 or 15 belly bombs right now.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong." Charles schulz

Jima64 10-18-2018 12:02 PM

I would be more worried about what the fast food worker does to the food they are sticking out the drive thru window.

My Post 10-18-2018 12:18 PM

There's also a story out today that all table salt has traces of plastics in it.
We're doomed! Doomed I say!

capecoralbill 10-18-2018 12:33 PM

Considering our ages, most of us probably over 65 or 70 here in the Villages, how many years, months, or minutes do you expect to gain by eating well?

Fredster 10-18-2018 12:39 PM

I think some people worry about anything & everything, and that can sure put a damper on life!

Pinball wizard 10-18-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

+1
:bigbow:

perrjojo 10-18-2018 02:37 PM

Just in case anyone cares, here is the story.
Only two fast-food restaurants received ‘A’ grades for banning antibiotics in beef - MarketWatch

golf2140 10-18-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

:bigbow::bigbow::bigbow:

thelegges 10-18-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 1591328)

It’s an interesting article.