Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Glenview Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/glenview-restaurant-275352/)

Dandydon 10-23-2018 01:59 PM

Glenview Restaurant

What's going on with Glenview Restaurant? We've been away for a few months and went there a week ago and the service was terrible, waited over an hour and a half just to get our food and when it came out the waitress said the fries weren't ready. I sent it back and the manger came over and we just paid for our drinks and left.

Today we gave it another try and another terrible experience. Ordered a Chicken Quesadilla and it was floating in grease. Got up to bring it to the bartender and over heard a waitress say "here she comes". The manager didn't charge for the meal.

yesi3putt2 10-23-2018 03:39 PM

never had a bad experience there..always great service and great food..we go 3-4 times a month

yesi3putt2 10-23-2018 03:42 PM

P.S...luv their crab bennys for breakfast...crab cakes are delicious

Dandydon 10-23-2018 06:02 PM

Agree with both post, as far as I'm concern that's my place to go.

simpkinp 10-23-2018 07:54 PM

This used to be favorite place for lobster. Has anyone had it lately?

graciegirl 10-24-2018 07:13 AM

VERY disappointed in Glenview since the change in ownership.

Madelaine Amee 10-24-2018 07:37 AM

It used to be a GREAT place for either a dining room meal, a bar snack or a drink. No more, new owner ruined this place.

Chi-Town 10-24-2018 08:05 AM

Always liked the Glenview restaurant and bar layout. The last couple of visits were totally enjoyable, both food and service. In fact, I think it has improved from before.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

eweissenbach 10-24-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1592831)
VERY disappointed in Glenview since the change in ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1592839)
It used to be a GREAT place for either a dining room meal, a bar snack or a drink. No more, new owner ruined this place.

Have to agree, and I am generally easy to please. I love the ambience of Glenview, old money country club, but the service and the food has fallen precipitously in the last year or so.

bilcon 10-24-2018 09:26 AM

I cannot understand why these places cannot serve good meals. There are two or three places in TV that constantly

They need a good chef, not a bunch of line cooks, but good chefs cost money. It's all about the "bottom line". In my opinion, Cane Garden always serves good food, except for their veggies, but they have a, well-trained chef. Remember when Chef Brian worked at El Santiago and then Hacienda Hills Restaurants. The food was great!. Havana has turned around, because the family that own it and several other restaurants in TV are "Restaurant people".

Chatbrat 10-24-2018 09:34 AM

Again, same owner as Hacienda Hills, he has destroyed two restaurants--horrible food @ both-loved the ambiance of these two clubs--but the food quality is a complete turn off

Boomer 10-24-2018 09:41 AM

We have found Cane to be the most consistent. It also seems like they do not have the turnover of servers like some places do. Perhaps Cane knows how to treat employees and to team-build. I don’t know what it is but Cane’s service has made it our go-to.

I cannot figure out how there will ever be enough people to hire as servers, line cooks, etc. in TV. TV grows and grows but the surrounding population probably can’t grow fast enough to keep up with the jobs.

Yeah. I know. A lot of Villagers think bigger is better.

Chatbrat 10-24-2018 10:01 AM

Consistency is key, the Cane has it worked out 1) a real chef, 2) a real happy hour on all items 3) staff knows they will make $$ if they provide real service and the good tippers more than make up for the cheap skates

Big O 10-24-2018 10:23 AM

I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.

westcoast 10-24-2018 10:26 AM

Our visit there last week had very poor service. We waited 45 min for our food which was mediocre. Very disappointing.