Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Costco, Sam's Club or BJ's - POLL (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/costco-sams-club-bjs-poll-275364/)

ColdNoMore 10-23-2018 05:45 PM

Costco, Sam's Club or BJ's - POLL

Since we haven't had a Costco thread in a while..... :1rotfl:

If all three were the same distance from your home and you could only shop at one of them...which one would it be?

:popcorn:

Topspinmo 10-23-2018 10:09 PM

None of the above, I don’t feel I should have to pay yearly fee just to shop at their store.

aninjamom 10-24-2018 05:08 AM

Years before there was a BJs, I compared Costco and Sam's. I found that Sam's had more groceries that I bought on a regular basis; for example, for some reason Costco wasn't carrying ground chuck and Sam's was.

UpNorth 10-24-2018 08:34 AM

If Costco was close by, I would shop there and drop Sam's. BJ's is terrible; I don't even take them up on their "free 3-month trial membership" anymore.

Chi-Town 10-24-2018 09:31 AM

Costco hands down. Sam's is a distant second.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ColdNoMore 10-24-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1592872)
Costco hands down. Sam's is a distant second.

Given right at 4 to 1 over Sam's Club (currently)...I think you're correct.

coffeebean 10-24-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1592802)
None of the above, I don’t feel I should have to pay yearly fee just to shop at their store.

The money paid for the annual fee is very quickly absorbed by the savings you will have by shopping at Costco.

EdFNJ 10-24-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1592982)
The money paid for the annual fee is very quickly absorbed by the savings you will have by shopping at Costco.

And all the free samples!

Not only that, here is an example of their "world class" customer service:

I purchased 2 x 1 year Movie-pass memberships at $89 each in late Dec of last year right before MP slowly went down the tubes. I sent them a nice email in APRIL asking if I was "stuck" with these 2 useless cards and requesting a 50% refund since I had them for 6 months and we did see 3 movies each between Dec 27th and early April so I had felt 50% was fair. Next day I got an email with a FULL REFUND of $178 and an apology. I cut up the 2 cards and sent hem back in free return mailer they provided.

That would NEVER happen at BJ's or SAMs. I once returned to Sams a large box of "fresh" peaches I bought ONE DAY EARLIER that were mostly all rotten inside (I "ate" 2) and they gave me a hassle for $12.

Fredster 10-25-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

If you purchase one relatively expensive item, the savings will by far cover the annual fee!

Chatbrat 10-25-2018 04:41 AM

Costco gas is top tier gas, also their breads are great

ColdNoMore 10-25-2018 04:47 PM

Costco's $5 Rotisserie Chicken (poke here) :bigbow:

Quote:

Costco has relied for years on its $4.99 rotisserie chicken as a way to continue to drive customers into the store.

It leaves a delicious...fowl taste in your mouth. :D

ColdNoMore 10-25-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Yep.

Some folks could do it...on toilet paper alone.
:D

ColdNoMore 10-25-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1592986)
And all the free samples!

Not only that, here is an example of their "world class" customer service:

I purchased 2 x 1 year Movie-pass memberships at $89 each in late Dec of last year right before MP slowly went down the tubes. I sent them a nice email in APRIL asking if I was "stuck" with these 2 useless cards and requesting a 50% refund since I had them for 6 months and we did see 3 movies each between Dec 27th and early April so I had felt 50% was fair. Next day I got an email with a FULL REFUND of $178 and an apology. I cut up the 2 cards and sent hem back in free return mailer they provided.

That would NEVER happen at BJ's or SAMs. I once returned to Sams a large box of "fresh" peaches I bought ONE DAY EARLIER that were mostly all rotten inside (I "ate" 2) and they gave me a hassle for $12.

YEP!

As I mentioned in the other thread..."Legendary Customer Service."

The only other place I've personally found on par, when it comes to customer service...is Nordstrom's. :thumbup:

BK001 10-25-2018 05:02 PM

I love Costco's private label/brand Kirklands. They decided, years ago, that the wanted to be a premium brand. The Kirkland's vodka is made by Grey Goose, the Kirkland Bacon won top taste award by Consumer Reports, Kirkland olive oil receives consistently high marks in controlled taste tests, their coffee is great, etc, etc. Below is an interesting article about their top 15 products:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/savin...siders-know/#2

BK001 10-25-2018 05:11 PM

And maybe this is old news but another interesting article about the Acushnet—which makes the popular Titleist balls—lawsut against Costco's $15 per dozen "miracle golf balls”:

Lawsuit over popular, lower-priced Costco golf balls shows why Americans can'''t have nice things cheap — Quartz