Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Suggestion for all those political adverts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/suggestion-all-those-political-adverts-276120/)

billethkid 11-01-2018 06:07 PM

Suggestion for all those political adverts

With all the technology at hand in today, I suggest that when one casts their early ballot, a signal goes to one's home and all political commercials are no longer received.

:pray:
:angel:
:throwtomatoes:

Nucky 11-01-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1595351)
With all the technology at hand in today, I suggest that when one casts their early ballot, a signal goes to one's home and all political commercials are no longer received.

:pray:
:angel:
:throwtomatoes:

And that the Political Mail stops. :popcorn:

rjm1cc 11-01-2018 06:37 PM

The service costs you a dollar an ad that does not show up on your TV.

Bjeanj 11-01-2018 08:31 PM

I’m down with that!

:pray::pray:

Buffalo Jim 11-01-2018 09:13 PM

Anyone for a new Federal Amendment that limits political campaigning of any type to the 30 days prior to election day .

PersonalChoice 11-02-2018 07:56 AM

Bigger Government?

Why expand government control of anything, especially at the federal level? Our government is too big as it is.

collie1228 11-02-2018 08:37 AM

Has there ever been cost/benefit analysis done on those glossy (expensive) political ads that come pouring in during the last month of the election season? I had six of those annoying brochures in my mailbox yesterday, and I just recycled them immediately without a glance at what they were trying to say. I don't know anyone who ever read one and said "I'm going to vote for this gal (guy). What a waste of time and paper.

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-02-2018 01:54 PM

If you don't register under a specific party, you don't get all that mail. I'm unaffiliated. I'll vote how I'll vote, I don't need affiliation to do so. The only thing I can't do, is vote in the primaries.

MorTech 11-02-2018 02:44 PM

I would bet that most people would rather die than turn off their televisions.
It amazes me that adult humans still watch TV.
Don't people find TV programming infantile and intellectually insulting yet?
How low does it have to go?

:)

Villageswimmer 11-02-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1595531)
If you don't register under a specific party, you don't get all that mail. I'm unaffiliated. I'll vote how I'll vote, I don't need affiliation to do so. The only thing I can't do, is vote in the primaries.

I respectfully disagree. I’m unaffiliated and get tons of this trash, including texts and calls.

I even had 2 women from one party come to my door. They asked me to “declare.” What?! I considered this a true invasion of privacy.

Bjeanj 11-02-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorTech (Post 1595542)
I would bet that most people would rather die than turn off their televisions.
It amazes me that adult humans still watch TV.
Don't people find TV programming infantile and intellectually insulting yet?
How low does it have to go?

:)

Not yet. I do my knitting or crochet with noise in the background. To each his own. That’s why there are so many channels. And an off button.

Jima64 11-02-2018 05:04 PM

Garbage can filler in our house. Don't even look at them. I mute all tv commercials year round. Only answer the phone if i recognize the ring tone.