Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Good AMing, DeSoto! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/good-aming-desoto-276245/)

FriscoKid 11-03-2018 12:47 PM

Good AMing, DeSoto!

Hello from a snowy Colorado!

After a year of lurking on this forum, we have finally joined... both this forum and The Villages!

We did an initial fly-by last year... graduated to a lifestyle preview visit earlier this past spring, and then ultimately purchased a home in the Village of DeSoto last month!

Besides our visits, we found this forum to be quite helpful in making our decision to purchase a home, both in The Villages and more specifically in DeSoto. As I am still active professionally, we will be in and out throughout the coming year, but we are so excited to begin the next phase of our lives and to be making The Villages a big part of that.

I hope to find time to participate in these forums and become an active part of this great community.

BK001 11-03-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriscoKid (Post 1595732)
Hello from a snowy Colorado!

After a year of lurking on this forum, we have finally joined... both this forum and The Villages!

We did an initial fly-by last year... graduated to a lifestyle preview visit earlier this past spring, and then ultimately purchased a home in the Village of DeSoto last month!

Besides our visits, we found this forum to be quite helpful in making our decision to purchase a home, both in The Villages and more specifically in DeSoto. As I am still active professionally, we will be in and out throughout the coming year, but we are so excited to begin the next phase of our lives and to be making The Villages a big part of that.

I hope to find time to participate in these forums and become an active part of this great community.

SNOW??? And here I'm pondering whether it's warm enough to go into my pool. LOL

Congratulations and Welcome. It truly is wonderful here. All I can hope for the FriscoKids is that you will be as happy as we are.

And, when we first arrived (2.5 years ago) from New York, this forum was an absolute lifesaver with all the good advice. I felt like I was part of a community before we even moved here.

So best of luck, and if you need anything, just holler.

Regards,

Ecuadog 11-03-2018 02:00 PM

Welcome.

eweissenbach 11-03-2018 02:13 PM

Velkommen!

CFrance 11-03-2018 03:02 PM

Welcome, FiscoKid. Don't forget another useful feature of this forum is the search function (when it's working, heh...) When you search for a topic, be sure to note the most recent dates.

Otherwise, just throw it out here and someone will answer!

justjim 11-03-2018 03:23 PM

OP, congratulations! In another lifetime (it seems) loved skiing in Colorado. Now it’s golfing in The Villages! BTW, you made a wise purchase for your future retirement IMHO.