Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Buying new yamaha (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/buying-new-yamaha-276491/)

PJOHNS2654 11-05-2018 04:07 PM

Buying new yamaha

Has anyone RECENTLY, bought a cart out of state and had a local dealer add the accessories?

Topspinmo 11-06-2018 03:17 PM

Why? There’s enough golf carts for sale here, actually the market is flooded IMO. IMO if you do that, they will charge arm and leg to outfit it cause they’re not making anything on sale of the cart, so IMO labor charge will be maximum.

If I needed golf cart I would buy one or two year old cart used which will save thousands over new deck out cart. Good example my cart cost $13,995. New. I brought it two years old for $7500.

Fredster 11-06-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1596702)
Why? There’s enough golf carts for sale here, actually the market is flooded IMO. IMO if you do that, they will charge arm and leg to outfit it cause they’re not making anything on sale of the cart, so IMO labor charge will be maximum.

If I needed golf cart I would buy one or two year old cart used which will save thousands over new deck out cart. Good example my cart cost $13,995. New. I brought it two years old for $7500.

I would recommend the same thing.
The first cart I bought new, but after being down here for awhile,
I realized some carts that are fairly new and with low mileage frequently come to market.

Bought a second cart which was only 3 years old, and had less than 500 miles on it.
Saved a huge amount.
Personally I wouldn’t buy new again,
since too many nice, lightly used carts are available.

Fredster 11-06-2018 05:13 PM

Duplicate post removed!

mulligan 11-08-2018 09:02 AM

And there's the part about the villages golf carts only servicing what they sell, so you would have to take it back to Dirty Boots , Texas for your warranty repairs.

cndlou3 11-08-2018 04:12 PM

Not true we bought our cart in IL. The Villages have serviced it and added accessories we wanted.

CWGUY 11-08-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndlou3 (Post 1597337)
Not true we bought our cart in IL. The Villages have serviced it and added accessories we wanted.

:agree: But the truth isn't as much fun nor is it mandatory. :faint:

PJOHNS2654 11-08-2018 05:40 PM

Out of state cart purchase

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1597213)
And there's the part about the villages golf carts only servicing what they sell, so you would have to take it back to Dirty Boots , Texas for your warranty repairs.

It would be nice to hear from someone that actually answers OP

retiredguy123 11-08-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

If this is true, they are clearly violating the published Yamaha warranty. You should be able to enforce the warranty at any authorized Yamaha dealer.

justjim 11-08-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 (Post 1596449)
Has anyone RECENTLY, bought a cart out of state and had a local dealer add the accessories?

Ocala, is not out-of-State but I’ve read on this site a number of times where residents believe they got a “deal” outside of the bubble.

jbedard22 11-21-2018 05:11 PM

more for less

Bought a 2019 Yamaha Quiet tech EFI PTV from a Massachusetts dealer before I came down to new home for 7500. he added sunbrella enclosure , turn signals and seat belts for another 1500 bringing total to 9K.
500 in taxes and 711 to ship brings total to $10, 211 for a 2019!

Villagevip 11-21-2018 07:55 PM

I just bought a "Previously owned" 2018 EFI2 quiet tech Yamaha, 50 hours...Called Sumter landing, good ol' boy "Gordens Garage" for some goodies to be added ..Explained I did not buy there...Good ol' boy Gorden said, no problem, come on down we will take your money...

Nucky 11-21-2018 07:57 PM

Based on what we have seen from our close-knit circle of friends I believe I will only buy Brand New and Only from The Villages Golf Cart In Spanish Springs. Of Course, if Sharron Star ever left them then I would take a look elsewhere. She has taken care of us well before, thru and after the sale. I bought a Gas Yamaha in 2016. I have it serviced there and they are Superior.

A whole lot of people have had different experiences, good & bad, here and other places but the friends who bought used and bought off the premise are switching over to The Villages Golf Cart's and it's not because I sold them, they noticed I never cry about my Cart related experiences. Enough said. Next!

I want an Atomic Cart but found out The Villages Golf Carts doesn't service them so for me it was a deal killer. I respect others decisions to go on their own path and wish them the best.

npwalters 11-21-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Actually, according to their service desk they will service any cart under warranty.

elevatorman 11-22-2018 06:25 AM

The way I understand it is: The Villages Golf Carts will service any cart. You can't make an appointment unless you bought it from them. So you have to be there when they open, and they only take 4 or 5 carts a day without an appointment. If you are cart # 6 you may be out of luck. In the off season you have a better chance of getting in.