Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TV Age Demographics (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tv-age-demographics-27709/)

Allen 03-01-2010 10:57 PM

TV Age Demographics

I personally believe that age is a state of mind :icon_wink: but after reading posts indicating that the North end of TV has an "older" population, and that new construction areas have a "younger" population moving in, I am wondering about the overall age demographics in TV.

With that in mind, I thought it would be interesting to post the above poll question.

The poll allows you to choose more than one age bracket if necessary. Please feel free to add comments as appropriate (or "bump" this post so it remains active, and we get a good sample). :024:

Thank you!

Whalen 03-01-2010 11:21 PM

I have met and socialized with people as old as 48 and as young as 75.
Not always sure who is who.
:shrug:

Army Guy 03-02-2010 08:53 AM

In the group we socialize with at TV our ages go from 48-68, and we all relate great to each other.

Army Guy

BaylorBear 03-02-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen (Post 251477)
I personally believe that age is a state of mind :icon_wink: but after reading posts indicating that the North end of TV has an "older" population, and that new construction areas have a "younger" population moving in, I am wondering about the overall age demographics in TV.

With that in mind, I thought it would be interesting to post the above poll question.

The poll allows you to choose more than one age bracket if necessary. Please feel free to add comments as appropriate (or "bump" this post so it remains active, and we get a good sample). :024:

Thank you!

One thing to keep in mind is that in the northern part of TV you will now see "Legacy" couples moving in. My husband and I fall into that category. We will become permanent TVers in 2013 when we are eligible for retirement. My husband's parents bought a home on the Village of Orange Blossom Hills back in 1985. It will now be our retirement home -- with a few tweeks, of course!! There may be others like us coming in the future. We love it there; the trees are beautiful and our CC pool is the most beautiful in TV!

zcaveman 03-02-2010 11:19 AM

The guys on my Saturday golf group are as young as 53 and as old as 81 (4 of them). One of the 81 year young guys is also on my Monday group.

I am one of the young ones (66). Most of the others I golf with during the week are about 75.

swrinfla 03-02-2010 05:17 PM

The trouble with the poll is that it doesn't seem to allow for multiple answers.

My street (16 houses) ranges from 56 to 83. When we get together every month it's virtually impossible to tell who's who. It's true, tho' that our "child" energizes the rest of us!

It's not surprising that the images persist that those north of CR466 are older. That's a part of the world where folks began moving in somewhere between 10 and 15 years ago. They may have been between 60 and 65 then, now they're more likely to be eligible for membership in the Four Score and More Club!

One of the most beautiful things about The Villages, to me, is that there's almost no age concerns!

SWR
:beer3:

Allen 03-02-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrinfla (Post 251638)
The trouble with the poll is that it doesn't seem to allow for multiple answers.

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty with selecting more than one category... the poll was set up to allow for Mulitple Choice answers. I thought that would do it. :confused:

Pturner 03-02-2010 05:31 PM

What is the approximate age range of people that you know, or associate with in TV?

Hi Allen. I honestly don't know. As Whalen said, not alway sure who is who. Me? I'm a northsider in my 50s.

Allen 03-02-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 251645)
...Me? I'm a northsider in my 50s.

Thanks... It is very interesting to see the near Bell Curve develop in the poll results so far.
Equally fascinating are the comments people have made regarding their location, and other specifics about the make up of their group(s) of friends. :pepper2: