Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Question regarding housewashing..... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/question-regarding-housewashing-277197/)

Inexes@aol.com 11-13-2018 12:55 PM

Question regarding housewashing.....

I am interested in hearing whether or not the people you have used to clean/pressure wash your home have squeegeed the windows when they were done.

dewilson58 11-13-2018 01:12 PM

nope

Bogie Shooter 11-13-2018 01:48 PM

Egner's does mine and they do not. The windows when dry look like they were separately cleaned.

Barefoot 11-13-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com (Post 1598770)
I am interested in hearing whether or not the people you have used to clean/pressure wash your home have squeegeed the windows when they were done.

:ohdear:

Brenda.ball 11-13-2018 03:17 PM

Yes.

Inexes@aol.com 11-13-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1598783)
Egner's does mine and they do not. The windows when dry look like they were separately cleaned.

That is why I asked. Just used Egners for first time and they did not of course.... windows are a spotted mess, white spots and streaks all over. To say nothing of the damage to the koi pond..... light pulled out of ground and broken, rocks knocked down from the guy climbing over the waterfall. A supervisor came out to inspect and informed me that the spots and streaks on the windows were from frogs/toads jumping around on the siding then onto the windows with the powder from oxidation on the vinyl getting onto their feet..... that's a lot of toads in 2 days..... and never had the problem with the people who cleaned the house for the 17 yrs before this...... and, of course, no mention for compensation for the light fixture in the pond (replaced to the tune of $69/pc by Touch of Paradise). Oh, well.... we live and learn..... never again....... and I don't understand because I went with Egners from the recommendations here on TOTV.

Bogie Shooter 11-13-2018 08:14 PM

Never had an issue with them.

RedChariot 11-14-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com (Post 1598819)
That is why I asked. Just used Egners for first time and they did not of course.... windows are a spotted mess, white spots and streaks all over. To say nothing of the damage to the koi pond..... light pulled out of ground and broken, rocks knocked down from the guy climbing over the waterfall. A supervisor came out to inspect and informed me that the spots and streaks on the windows were from frogs/toads jumping around on the siding then onto the windows with the powder from oxidation on the vinyl getting onto their feet..... that's a lot of toads in 2 days..... and never had the problem with the people who cleaned the house for the 17 yrs before this...... and, of course, no mention for compensation for the light fixture in the pond (replaced to the tune of $69/pc by Touch of Paradise). Oh, well.... we live and learn..... never again....... and I don't understand because I went with Egners from the recommendations here on TOTV.

Used Egners once and ended up with black water in my pool. Had to have T&D come out at my expense to treat the pool. Egners is over rated. There are small companies out there that do an excellent job.

Dan9871 11-14-2018 06:47 PM

We’ve used Egners since we’ve been here, about 5 years, they always done an outstanding job. Up front they said the didn’t wash windows and that the windows wouldn’t turn out like hand washed windows. we’ll be using them again.

ColdNoMore 11-14-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1599197)
We’ve used Egners since we’ve been here, about 5 years, they always done an outstanding job. Up front they said the didn’t wash windows and that the windows wouldn’t turn out like hand washed windows. we’ll be using them again.

Yep! :thumbup:

Inexes@aol.com 11-15-2018 12:40 PM

Egners Housewashing continuing story.....

Following my posts regarding Egners not squeegeeing my windows and the issues with the Koi Pond and the response that Egners posted I felt that the response on TOTV was very different than the response I received from the gentleman who came to review my issue. It was obviously written by someone other than the man who came to the house. I called Egners this AM and requested to speak to the person who wrote the response on TOTV. The owner of the company called me back and his response was entirely different than the person who came to the house. He was very pleasant, apologetic and DID offer to pay for any damages to the pond lighting. We had a very pleasant conversation and I was amazed at his quick response to my request to speak with him. He obviously operates his business as I had understood from the many good references on TOTV so please ignore my initial reaction to this company and continue to use this company. This is a gentleman who really cares about his customers impressions.

Bogie Shooter 11-15-2018 12:49 PM

Like we all said...……………………………...

Telliott123 01-30-2019 03:40 PM

House Washing

We hired Robert from Tru Blue Cleaning Services and were extremely pleased. He went above and beyond in cleaning our house, wiped down windows, cleaning all exterior walkways, etc. Fantastic job!! Would hire again!!

Debfrommaine 01-30-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1599197)

Same for us, well explained and great service.