Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   What's On Your Bucket List? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/whats-your-bucket-list-277642/)

BK001 11-18-2018 03:51 PM

What's On Your Bucket List?

I thought it would be fun to post the things you would really love to do, say, accomplish while you still can. Whether practical or not, it's good to have dreams.

Or maybe you have already achieved a bucket list item – if so, what was it?

BK001 11-18-2018 03:55 PM

I would like to go to Italy. I can forego Rome but I would like to hit Naples and Florence and Palermo. But the real bucket list item is to take a cooking class in Palermo, Sicily preferably from someone's old, Italian Nonna.

BK001 11-18-2018 04:02 PM

I would like to have dinner at every TV country club, as well as many of the restaurants that you folks have recommended. (With a husband who would rather cook and eat at home this is not as easy for me as for many others.) But it is achievable with a little time, coaxing, and a new hip!

fw102807 11-18-2018 04:10 PM

I am very fortunate that I have made a very big dent in my bucket list. I have been many wonderful places and got to move here in the Villages. I would still like to go out west again and see more of the National Parks I thought the Grand Canyon was amazing. We almost made it to Sicily on one of our cruises but the Straights of Messina were too rough and they could not get the pilot on board so we had to bypass that port.

dewilson58 11-18-2018 04:36 PM

Wake up tomorrow.

manaboutown 11-18-2018 04:58 PM

Continue to live relatively healthy and happy long enough to see my youngest grandchild through college. My life became more family oriented back when I reached 70.

At this point I have done most of my major traveling having been to 79 foreign countries and all the states except Alaska.

ColdNoMore 11-18-2018 05:00 PM

Great thread! :thumbup:

If some folks wish came true and I dropped dead tomorrow (:D), I would truly have no regrets as I feel fortunate that a lot of my bucket list...has already been filled.

However, if I were to be able to play Augusta National, Pine Valley & Cypress Point (or even one of the three), I would feel like a second cherry has been added...to an already unique/exciting/wonderful life and career. :cool:

graciegirl 11-18-2018 05:06 PM

I would like to be able to paint the beauty I see onto paper and canvas.

Bogie Shooter 11-18-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1600289)
I would like to be able to paint the beauty I see onto paper and canvas.

Just do it!
Workshops - The Villages Art League

tophcfa 11-18-2018 05:42 PM

For my wife and I to be able to spend much more time at our home in the Villages, and less time up North. To be able to do lots more scuba diving at some of the nicest dive sites around the world. Also, someday I would like to shot my age at one of the Championship golf courses, preferably at Arnold Palmer because he was my late Father's favorite golfer.

BK001 11-18-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1600282)
Wake up tomorrow.

Aw c'mon no cheating --

BK001 11-18-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1600277)
I am very fortunate that I have made a very big dent in my bucket list. I have been many wonderful places and got to move here in the Villages. I would still like to go out west again and see more of the National Parks I thought the Grand Canyon was amazing. We almost made it to Sicily on one of our cruises but the Straights of Messina were too rough and they could not get the pilot on board so we had to bypass that port.

You definitely should do it. I envy/admire those who have traveled extensively.

I've been next to nowhere - I once had a cabin in the Adirondacks, then a vacation home in the Catskills, and then finally, a dream home in Brooklyn. So we were always fixing up our homes -- vacations funds went to home improvements -- and when we were done improving we became party animals (always hosted at our house).

retiredguy123 11-18-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1600300)
Aw c'mon no cheating --

I actually agree with the "wake up tomorrow" post. I am glad that I don't have a bucket list. I am most happy when I look at my calendar and there is nothing on it. I can afford to do anything I want, but, most of the time, I am happy to do nothing.

eweissenbach 11-18-2018 08:51 PM

Dance at my twin 8 yr old twin grandson's weddings! Hopefully they don't get married too young!

Nucky 11-18-2018 08:57 PM

I already got the Bucket list item I wanted the most. We are here and settled in and happy. Waking up tomorrow would be good.

I really would like the other posters to get the things they deserve. :1rotfl::1rotfl: :boom::boom::boom:

Oh, one other little thing, we want to see Cuba and get to know the Keys much better.