Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Garage sizes- (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/garage-sizes-27767/)

TrudyM 03-05-2010 02:03 AM

Garage sizes-

I notice that alot of the villas etc. have garages that range from 12 foot 7inch to 15 feet wide by 21 or 22 feet long. And doubles that are 19 by 22. If the mechanical units (heating hotwater etc.) are not in the way can you park two golf carts (I was thinking one cart behind the other like in the old style tandem garages) and a car in any of them? :shrug: Or do you have to get a unit with a golf cart garage.

Just wondering

Trudy

Army Guy 03-05-2010 08:02 AM

We have a 2/2 CYV with a standard 1 1/2 garage. You can easy put two carts in as you say, if you have a medium car. We have a Honda Accord and could easily put a second cart in. BUT we are saving that space for our Harley!
Actually, the Harley will even fit in front of the Honda, which is where we will probably put it, to keep that space open in front of Kitchen Door and W/D. When we were looking to buy, we actually asked our Sales Rep if we could pull the Honda in the garages of the places we looked at to measure and get a feel. She had no problem with that at all, so you might ask. But overall the CYV garages are bigger then they seem.

Army Guy

JohnN 03-05-2010 10:12 AM

well, it's pretty tight for anything more than a cart and car, unless you put nothing else out there. I've got yard stuff, ladder, etc and it's full

Barefoot 03-05-2010 11:45 AM

We just sold our 2/2 Courtyard Villa with 1 1/2 car garage. The laundry area was in the garage. It was very cramped. I love CYVs. But, sadly, it is almost impossible to get a CYV with a two car garage and a golf view.

We needed more space for our large SUV, bicycles, storage units, garden tools, golf cart and motorcycle. They all fit nicely in the double garage of our house.

mrdills 03-05-2010 05:52 PM

Cars

What we need is a local units that we can store cars or carts, would make my life easer.

Barefoot 03-05-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdills (Post 252265)
What we need is a local units that we can store cars or carts, would make my life easer.

There is a storage place on 466. We store the motorcycle trailer there.

Or perhaps you mean in TV within your Village??

k2at 03-05-2010 07:16 PM

Hopefully the Harley will fit in the garage as I am sure u don't want anybody to know you have one. Now a Honda, that is a real bike!!

dog friendly 03-05-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2at (Post 252282)
Hopefully the Harley will fit in the garage as I am sure u don't want anybody to know you have one. Now a Honda, that is a real bike!!

LOL..... Honda's are nice but Harley's are the choice of this owner.....:wave:

Army Guy 03-08-2010 08:18 AM

Amen!!! Harley is the ONLY real bike. I consider the Honda's and Yamaha's I owned earlier, as my "training wheels"!!!!

I guess we think that our garage is big a plenty, cause we are the minority in that we don't use the garage for storing things. We have a rule, if we have not touched something or used it in 6 months, we sell it at a yard sale. Being Military and moving this is a must and I am glad we learned it, cause for us, it has prevented clutter.

Army Guy