Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Did it, bought a home in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/did-bought-home-tv-277755/)

Number 10 GI 11-19-2018 07:41 PM

Did it, bought a home in TV

The wife and I close on our new home in McClure on 3 December. Bought a Ruby that has a 2 car garage which was the deciding factor on the house we bought.
We first visited The Villages 5 years ago and did the "experience the villages thing" but decided that it wasn't the right time for us. Since then we have visited two more times and after the last visit in September made the decision to move here permanently. We should have done it 5 years ago. I'm originally from Iowa and my wife is from Germany. We met while I was stationed near Mannheim and have been married for 50 years now. Been living in Tennessee since 1984 which is a beautiful state but in our old age the sun beckons. We are really looking forward to having fun in The Villages.

fw102807 11-19-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1600598)
The wife and I close on our new home in McClure on 3 December. Bought a Ruby that has a 2 car garage which was the deciding factor on the house we bought.
We first visited The Villages 5 years ago and did the "experience the villages thing" but decided that it wasn't the right time for us. Since then we have visited two more times and after the last visit in September made the decision to move here permanently. We should have done it 5 years ago. I'm originally from Iowa and my wife is from Germany. We met while I was stationed near Mannheim and have been married for 50 years now. Been living in Tennessee since 1984 which is a beautiful state but in our old age the sun beckons. We are really looking forward to having fun in The Villages.

Congrats. Hope you love it as much as we do.

BK001 11-19-2018 07:46 PM

Congratulations. I'm sure you two are just counting the days. Two days ago I was in our pool -- my relatives in NY were shoveling snow. What's not to like?

Wishing you much happiness. Herzlichen Glückwunsch und viele Jahre Glück.

graciegirl 11-19-2018 08:26 PM

Happy for you both. We love it here.

tophcfa 11-19-2018 09:10 PM

Congratulations, I have not yet run across anyone who regretted becoming a Villager.

American Artisan 12-03-2018 12:30 PM

Coming from up north and migrating down to Florida. This truly is one of the happiest places to live. The energy everywhere else always seems to be stressed and in a rush when you people watch for a moment, but here, it just feels more laid back and well spirited. Everyone is exactly where they want to be, and enjoying the moment.

Lets face it, life is short, enjoy it.

Traffic in season isn't much of traffic but merely more cars with little to no slow downs vs Washington DC, Hot-lanta (Atlanta) and other places where your car should come with a sleeping quarters as standard.