Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Walgreens express pickup, opinions? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/walgreens-express-pickup-opinions-277885/)

retiredguy123 11-21-2018 01:17 PM

Walgreens express pickup, opinions?

Walgreens has a new express pickup service. You sign up, prepay for your prescriptions, and then show up at the express window to pick up the prescription. According to the Walgreens guy, even if there are 5 people ahead of you, you are supposed to go immediately to the express window and bypass the other customers in line. I asked him if this makes people in line angry, and he said, "sometimes". It seems to me that this new service will create a lot of complaints, especially when they are busy. I think the express window should be located in a different area, and serviced by a separate employee.

redwitch 11-21-2018 03:42 PM

I can just see it now — 20 people at the express window because they paid; 3 people in the regular line. And, because you prepaid, you can’t go to the shorter line. Sounds like a really dumb plan to me.

BobnBev 11-21-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1601012)
Walgreens has a new express pickup service. You sign up, prepay for your prescriptions, and then show up at the express window to pick up the prescription. According to the Walgreens guy, even if there are 5 people ahead of you, you are supposed to go immediately to the express window and bypass the other customers in line. I asked him if this makes people in line angry, and he said, "sometimes". It seems to me that this new service will create a lot of complaints, especially when they are busy. I think the express window should be located in a different area, and serviced by a separate employee.

Very good solution.

Nucky 11-21-2018 09:00 PM

Walgreen's in my experience in The Villages area in Florida is NOT Worth The Sweat Off A Grape! The lie, they are unorganized, they are way understaffed, they are argumentative. They are losing customers at an alarming rate. Maybe the service will get better once they lose enough customers. Oh yeah, they have shorted the pill count twice. Only by a couple of pills but it still happened which caused another ride to get the ones they shorted us.

This new plan they came up with should do the trick. People will be clearing out in waves. Disrespectful, not managed properly, beer muscled pinheads. I sure they have stellar people also unfortunately not at the stores on 441 that we have to choose from. I have communicated my thoughts with Walgreens Corporate, waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.

BobnBev 11-22-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1601092)
Walgreen's in my experience in The Villages area in Florida is NOT Worth The Sweat Off A Grape! The lie, they are unorganized, they are way understaffed, they are argumentative. They are losing customers at an alarming rate. Maybe the service will get better once they lose enough customers. Oh yeah, they have shorted the pill count twice. Only by a couple of pills but it still happened which caused another ride to get the ones they shorted us.

This new plan they came up with should do the trick. People will be clearing out in waves. Disrespectful, not managed properly, beer muscled pinheads. I sure they have stellar people also unfortunately not at the stores on 441 that we have to choose from. I have communicated my thoughts with Walgreens Corporate, waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.

Corporate is the best way to get results. Thank you.:boom:

champion6 11-22-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1601092)

:22yikes: Yikes, my experiences at 3 Villages-area Walgreens have been the exact opposite of what you describe - at 466 & Tall Trees, Pinellas Plaza and Colony Plaza.

Nucky 11-22-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1601146)
:22yikes: Yikes, my experiences at 3 Villages-area Walgreens have been the exact opposite of what you describe - at 466 & Tall Trees, Pinellas Plaza and Colony Plaza.

In N.J. Walgreens was NOTHING short of Heroic. Above and beyond reasonable expectations, they even deliver to our house twice when we were knocked out by flu-like symptoms. Unheard of but just like the Old Days like when Doctors made house calls.

Bonnevie 11-22-2018 10:15 AM

Except for new prescriptions sent from my doctor, I do all my refills from Walgreens by mail. You order on line and choose free shipping. You have to allow about 10 days but it makes my life a lot easier. Walgreens is always busy and waiting in line does get frustrating, so I avoid it at all costs.

Chi-Town 11-22-2018 10:49 AM

The Walgreens on Parr works just fine. Never had a problem before moving here either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

queasy27 11-22-2018 06:49 PM

Having the cashier leave the "normal" line in order to check out express customers would irritate me if I was a normal customer. I also wouldn't be happy as an express customer if that line had 4-5 people in front of me. Walgreens is promising something (faster checkout) that it may not be able to make good on.

I agree that mail order is the way to go if possible. I use medicine that needs to be refrigerated, but the shipping waste of large styrofoam cartons and multiple gel packs made me feel too guilty!

I'll also put in a plug for Publix pharmacy. Accurate, polite and short or no waits. (I usually go later in the evening, though.) I switched from CVS because of their long lines and errors/disorganization and am much happier.

Chi-Town 11-22-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1601012)

Sounds like Disney's FastPass.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk