Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   Banned IP Address (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/banned-ip-address-278043/)

retiredguy123 11-24-2018 11:25 AM

Banned IP Address

When I go to the TOTV today, using my Comcast wifi, I am getting a message that the administrator has banned my IP address. Is anyone else getting this message? How do I contact the administrator about it?

ColdNoMore 11-24-2018 11:45 AM

Same here...Comcast also.:22yikes:

Quite the shock and have e-mailed the TOTV Team.

talkofthevillages@gmail.com

retiredguy123 11-24-2018 11:48 AM

What is the email address for the totv team?

ColdNoMore 11-24-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1601604)
What is the email address for the totv team?

I added it to my post above.

retiredguy123 11-24-2018 11:53 AM

Thanks. I also sent a message.

pooh 11-24-2018 11:58 AM

I use Comcast and haven’t encountered this problem. Wonder what’s going on.

Moderator 11-24-2018 12:15 PM

We are looking into this. So far, there are no common IP addresses between you. The last IP blocked was on Cox, which neither of you show as a provider at any time on TOTV. Other members with Comcast are getting in without problems. We have tagged this thread for Admin’s attention.

villagetinker 11-24-2018 12:33 PM

Try a different browser, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, etc., and see if you can get in, if so provide the info to the admin. I have had problems in the past specifically with IE11 blocking sites for no apparent reason.

ColdNoMore 11-24-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1601611)
We are looking into this. So far, there are no common IP addresses between you. The last IP blocked was on Cox, which neither of you show as a provider at any time on TOTV. Other members with Comcast are getting in without problems. We have tagged this thread for Admin’s attention.

Thank you!

And you are correct...I have never had Cox.

I am currently using my phone (not connected to Comcast) to post, but am guessing that there are a lot of other Comcast folks having the same problem...but don't know how to contact y'all.

Thanks again. :ho:

ColdNoMore 11-24-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1601615)
Try a different browser, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, etc., and see if you can get in, if so provide the info to the admin. I have had problems in the past specifically with IE11 blocking sites for no apparent reason.

Per your suggestion, I just tried both IE and Chrome...and am getting same message. :shrug:

villagetinker 11-24-2018 12:42 PM

OK, I am on Comcast, using my computer with no problems, now I know that in the past Comcast had problems with the translation of your IpV4 address to the rest of the internets IpV6 address system. You could try calling comcast and complain to them. Good luck with this as most have English as a second language....

ColdNoMore 11-24-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1601620)
OK, I am on Comcast, using my computer with no problems, now I know that in the past Comcast had problems with the translation of your IpV4 address to the rest of the internets IpV6 address system. You could try calling comcast and complain to them. Good luck with this as most have English as a second language....

I think before I go through the headache of trying to contact Comcast, I'll wait for the TOTV Team to tell us that it's not something they (inadvertently) did...and/or can/can't correct.

I have a lot more confidence in TOTV...than Comcast.

SFSkol 11-24-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1601620)

Yep.

There is an old banned IP list out there that has the Talk Of The Villages domain server on it when it was identified as a spammer. This is a symptom of that old list beginning to propagate once again through the internet. It will eventually get a more recent list and fix itself. Nothing anyone can really do. A temp fix would be to change your DNS servers to get a current list.

It's the Talk Of The Villages IP address that is banned not your personal home IP addresses. Your phone or tablet uses an alternate set of DNS servers.

Ecuadog 11-24-2018 01:57 PM

I'll bet the TOTV Team is playing with the spam filters.

oot 11-24-2018 02:15 PM

I can see it on my phone, but my tablet gets the error message. The odd part is I can see the classifieds just fine on the tablet.