Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Irrigation System Contractors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/irrigation-system-contractors-278569/)

daca55 11-29-2018 01:51 PM

Irrigation System Contractors

Hi, I am looking for someone to tune up my irrigation system. One of my zones has low pressure and the water just dribbles. At times it kicks in I to normal pressure but every time it starts up we are back to low pressure again. I have other smaller issues also I would like to have corrected. Appreciate hearing any recommendations of who to use.

Thanks!!

JoMar 11-29-2018 02:09 PM

Jim Baumgartner (352)*504-2317

retiredguy123 11-29-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daca55 (Post 1603168)
Hi, I am looking for someone to tune up my irrigation system. One of my zones has low pressure and the water just dribbles. At times it kicks in I to normal pressure but every time it starts up we are back to low pressure again. I have other smaller issues also I would like to have corrected. Appreciate hearing any recommendations of who to use.

Thanks!!

If you have a Hunter system, you can try unscrewing the sprinkler heads and pull out the little plastic filters. You can clean the filter by flushing it, or you can just operate the heads without filters. Or, you can replace the heads with new ones that you can buy at ACE Hardware. Very easy to do.

Ecuadog 11-29-2018 03:57 PM

I use Chip Parrish (352) 516-2281 of Action Irrigation to work on my sprinkler system. Honest. Thorough. Hard working. Nice guy. Leave a message and he will get back to you.

JGVillages 02-01-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecuadog (Post 1603185)
I use Chip Parrish (352) 516-2281 of Action Irrigation to work on my sprinkler system. Honest. Thorough. Hard working. Nice guy. Leave a message and he will get back to you.

Another endorsement for Action Irrigation

starflyte1 02-01-2019 03:58 PM

I have a contract with Massey. Works well for me. No patches of dead grass.

Maddie2009 02-20-2019 09:10 PM

Base on the postings in TOTV, I called left a message for Jim Baumgartner. He never called me back. His protege, Tucker (?) did call back timely. He has a trip charge $35, then tell me how much my repair would be. I called Chip at Action Irrigation. He called back promptly and able to give me a price over the phone for what I told him was the problem. His son came out for my job as scheduled (actually early). I thought one of my zone was not working which Chip told me would cost $40 to fix it. But, that was my mistake, the zone valve had no problem. But, I have a broken head and broken pipe. Kyle fixed the pipe and replaced the head, changed a few little heads, adjust the heads for me which I had told two other companies to do, but they did not get them right. But, Kyle did and also cut out sod around the donuts. About an hour of work with part for $40. Very professional, polite, efficient, honest and very reasonable price. I found that it's hard to find a good contractor around here. Action Irrigation is really The company for irrigation with all the tools and impressive remote turning the irrigation system on without walking to the control box! Cool tool! All my vote for Chip and Kyle at Action Irrigation. Very highly recommend them.

lesser160@aol.com 03-26-2019 04:49 PM

We had an initial problem with Action Irrigation which was quickly addressed and fixed by Chip Parrish above and beyond the call of duty.
I could not possibly recommend them more highly.