Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Dreaming about TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/dreaming-about-tv-278756/)

ShawnShanie 12-01-2018 05:12 PM

Dreaming about TV

We have just recently learned of this great community and we have joined the group and hope to retire there sooner than later.

BK001 12-01-2018 05:58 PM

Welcome! This is a great group to answer any questions you may have. It also helps to foster a sense of community even before you move here.

We have been here for 2.5 years and absolutely love it.

dewilson58 12-01-2018 06:07 PM

TV is an amazing place.

ToTV is a good place for info like BK said.

As with any place...........ToTV does have a few posters who have a mission to complain, trash TV and just have sad lives in general.

Like all websites..............don't believe everything you read and watch out for trolls.

Welcome.

ColdNoMore 12-01-2018 06:27 PM

Welcome! :ho:

You will learn a lot about this very special, one-of-a-kind place called 'The Villages'... from being members here on TOTV.

After renting and then owning for about 9 years now, I've learned to tune out and ignore both extremes, that being the "this place sucks" and the "it's perfect in every way and can't be improved" crowds.

Just like anywhere else though, you'll have both good/nice and not-so-good/mean & snarky, folks...weighing in with their opinions.

Only you will be able to make the determination if it's right for you, but I know that there is no place on this earth (warts and all)...I would rather live.

Count me as a 'FROG' (here until I croak). :D

Good luck in your journey and discoveries. :thumbup:

ColdNoMore 12-01-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnShanie (Post 1603805)
We have just recently learned of this great community and we have joined the group and hope to retire there sooner than later.

Have you been here yet?

How did you learn of The Villages?

I've been wondering if TV is still advertising regularly...like they used to do.

villagetinker 12-01-2018 06:54 PM

Sooner is much better than later.

ShawnShanie 12-01-2018 07:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I was hoping for. I heard about TV from a work friend who has several friends that currently live there. I figured we would join the ToTV group. Rent a place soon and then possibly make arrangements to purchase if the rent and recon goes well.

Taltarzac725 12-01-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnShanie (Post 1603834)
Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I was hoping for. I heard about TV from a work friend who has several friends that currently live there. I figured we would join the ToTV group. Rent a place soon and then possibly make arrangements to purchase if the rent and recon goes well.

Good luck. We have lived here since June of 2005 and I am always so happy to return here from visiting wherever. The Villages is a great port in a very unstable sea. And I only go to the DC area and/or the Gulf Coast of FL. So far, anyway.

Garywt 12-01-2018 11:23 PM

We have been down a number of times visiting friends, love it there and as soon as we have our down payment we will be buying. Can’t wait, hoping it is sooner than later.

kcrazorbackfan 12-06-2018 08:45 AM

Welcome to a whole new chapter in your life.

Do not listen to the naysayers and the ones who scream damnation about the Developers everytime a new building or improvement is made.

After all, it was the Developers who built this beautiful place for them to come to.

jojo 12-06-2018 11:42 AM

We only wish we had moved here sooner. Ten years and every day wake up happy. The Villages is a wonderful place to live.

Tom C 12-06-2018 12:02 PM

Shawn,

I have been "lurking here" for the past year. What others say is correct: 1 ) Lots of helpful advice here 2) Lots of friendly people willing to share their thoughts and insights 3) If you run across someone telling you something that doesn't seem quite right - check with others before believing it yourself

Like you, we are also planning to move at some point, just not sure when....

eweissenbach 12-06-2018 02:37 PM

I joined TOTV in December 2009 after looking at the Villages website and the homes for sale. (wish I had bought a couple dozen then!) I had first heard of it through ads on Golf Channel, and it intrigued me, as I had retired a year before and was looking for a winter getaway. We booked our LSP for April 2010, and by reading and posting on TOTV I was very prepared by the time we came. I say prepared, though nothing can quite adequately prepare one for the beauty, scope, infrastructure, and activity available here. We had been to South Padre Island for a couple winter getaways, but once we experienced TV we were hooked for life. As many have said accurately, TOTV is THE best place to learn about this slice of paradise.

LI SNOWBIRD 12-11-2018 10:34 AM

My wife and I bought the same day we took a tour with a real estate agent. We had been looking for 18 months and finally found the right place for us. and bought soon after the tour.. never regretted our decision. Great place nice (and helpful) people some of which we call good friends. Full-timer or snow bird doesn't matter to us.

Bay Kid 12-12-2018 08:54 AM

One thing is for sure you will never be bored and you will sleep well every night! Come enjoy!!!