Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   They're heeeerrrre!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/theyre-heeeerrrre-279088/)

graciegirl 12-05-2018 10:18 AM

They're heeeerrrre!!!!

Welcome Home Snowbirds.

The traffic is denser
The long lines are tenser
The northern birdies are back

The wait is much longer
The accents are stronger

The squares are more dancey
Tee times are more chancey
The northern birdies are back.

Old friends are returning
The night oil is burning

There's more entertaining
And much more complaining

Not much room at the market
And no where to park it

Rookies on the roadways
Folks driving in strange ways

New ones and old ones
younger ones and older ones

Welcome HOME! We missed you.

I have posted the poem I wrote every year for several years and here it is time again;

There has been a large bunch of seasonal residents enter the space. Yesterday we had to wait and wait to pull out on 466, because of increased traffic, just like we were warned when we said we were gonna build here. The parking lot for Publix on 466 was almost full on a WEDNESDAY. Inside Publix, the bags of lettuce were gone and there were a lot of really non tan shoppers and ladies wearing dressy hats and longer black dresses and a lot of make up. It was crowded in there and as I waited for Henry to check out, an older man setting next to me, (he wasn't any older than me to be fair) said that the lines for restaurants were long last night.

Anyone else see any signs that the birds are back?

golf2140 12-05-2018 10:20 AM

Gracie,

You should see the condition of the greens and bunkers. They are a mess

roob1 12-05-2018 10:26 AM

Someone please notify the NY Times ASAP!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1605022)
There has been a large bunch of seasonal residents enter the space. Yesterday we had to wait and wait to pull out on 466, just like we were warned when we said we were gonna build here. The parking lot for Publix on 466 was almost full on a WEDNESDAY. Inside Publix, the bags of lettuce were gone and there were a lot of really non tan shoppers and ladies wearing dressy hats and longer black dresses and a lot of make up. It was crowded in there and as I waited for Henry to check out, an older man setting next to me, (he wasn't any older than me to be fair) said that the lines for restaurants were long last night.

Anyone else see any signs that the birds are back?

Nucky 12-05-2018 10:27 AM

Toilet paper shortage at Sam's and a long line almost triple the number of cars at Taco Bell. Drop The Chalupa!

dewilson58 12-05-2018 10:46 AM

Retail stores and restaurants are profitable.

tophcfa 12-05-2018 10:48 AM

Welcome to all the wonderful people who pay their amenity fees year round, but are only at the Villages for a fraction of the year.

alwann 12-05-2018 10:56 AM

They're here

As I do every year around this time, I'll ask: where does the Morse family shop, dine, play golf in the winter? Can't imagine they stand in line with the rest of us and circle the parking lots waiting for a space to open.

CWGUY 12-05-2018 10:58 AM

////

CWGUY 12-05-2018 11:15 AM

I've heard they taste like chicken. :coolsmiley:

CWGUY 12-05-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1605039)
Welcome to all the wonderful people who pay their amenity fees year round, but are only at the Villages for a fraction of the year.

:ho: Thank you!! From someone here 11/12 of the time.

fw102807 12-05-2018 11:27 AM

We are always very happy to see our snowbird neighbors return.

Kenswing 12-05-2018 11:29 AM

I would think you would be happy with the snowbirds. If they lived there full time instead of seasonally it would always be crowded. lol

vintageogauge 12-05-2018 11:43 AM

This is when we start exploring restaurants outside of TV some of then get crowded too but not all. There are lots of places within 30 minutes of our home which is how log it takes to get to Spanish Springs from down here. Went to the Christmas Tree lighting in Brownwood last year and had to park over by the medical buildings on Powell Road and walk in, won't do that again.

zmarkp 12-05-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1605042)
As I do every year around this time, I'll ask: where does the Morse family shop, dine, play golf in the winter? Can't imagine they stand in line with the rest of us and circle the parking lots waiting for a space to open.

Private jets are very handy.

ColdNoMore 12-05-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmarkp (Post 1605066)
Private jets are very handy.

And now I get a really nice tax break on mine. :thumbup: