Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Speculation on where 4th "Town Center" will be (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/speculation-where-4th-town-center-will-279263/)

UptownBee 12-07-2018 10:06 AM

Speculation on where 4th "Town Center" will be

Hi everyone,

As I sit here in my cube in Detroit (well, for now at least - I work for GM), I can't help but keep thinking about where that 4th "Town Center" might go. I've been combing the boards and one knowledgeable person thought it might be near the 470 exit off the turnpike. I'm looking to buy in the Fenney area so the speculation about where a new town center might go is very interesting. Does anyone have any speculation where it might go and why?

Thanks.

Bosoxfan 12-07-2018 10:54 AM

:gc:Okahumpka service stop on the turnpike?

Daddymac 12-07-2018 11:03 AM

Definitely South of Brownwood. And North Of Orlando.
That is my closest guess.
And that’s my final answer

EdFNJ 12-07-2018 11:08 AM

Just down the road from EPCOT at WDW there is some unbuilt land. :D Should be golf cart accessible by 2029 - believe me!

Rapscallion St Croix 12-07-2018 11:18 AM

There will be a new turnpike exit at County Road 468, so my best guess would be somewhere just off that road.

alwann 12-07-2018 11:36 AM

Next town square

Close enough to Coleman for the inmates to hear the music. Trustees may even come to market night looking for hacksaw blades.:icon_wink:

Brenda.ball 12-07-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UptownBee (Post 1605602)
Hi everyone,

As I sit here in my cube in Detroit (well, for now at least - I work for GM), I can't help but keep thinking about where that 4th "Town Center" might go. I've been combing the boards and one knowledgeable person thought it might be near the 470 exit off the turnpike. I'm looking to buy in the Fenney area so the speculation about where a new town center might go is very interesting. Does anyone have any speculation where it might go and why?

Thanks.

I find it funny that I am not the only one that scans this site for news of what's happening in the villages. (As I sit at my desk and watch my students as they are testing) We bought in Fenney last November. We get down there every school break that we can. Exciting times down in the southern region of The Villages. You will not be disappointed where ever you wind up purchasing!

VApeople 12-07-2018 12:48 PM

I am absolutely definitely 100% positive the new town center will be south of route 470 and a few miles east of Sumterville.

If anyone doubts me, look at the google map for that area. It is perfect, with very few existing buildings. One of the maps put out by TV shows they have two roads like Morse and Buena Vista planned thru that area.

vintageogauge 12-07-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1605624)
There will be a new turnpike exit at County Road 468, so my best guess would be somewhere just off that road.

They're not building an exchange on 468, that was taken off the table two years ago, your link was from 2004. They have already started clearing land and putting entrance roads in on both sides of the Turnpike at Warm Springs for retail and other commercial projects.

vintageogauge 12-07-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1605625)
Close enough to Coleman for the inmates to hear the music. Trustees may even come to market night looking for hacksaw blades.:icon_wink:

You bashers just don't give up do you, thinking you will scare people from buying down here. This place is going nuts with buyers. Even re-sales if priced where they should be are sold in a matter of days, there are a lot of people already moving into their second new homes down here and profiting very well on their re-sales. They opened the Fenney Way round-about today and there is now a steady stream of traffic from one end to the other, it's a very impressive entrance. 501 is also opened as of today and that will take a lot of truck traffic off of 301. Almost all of the land along 468/Warm Springs is zoned commercial and there are for-sale signs on just about every acre which will bring in little shopping plazas, maybe an urgent care, small independent restaurants, etc, etc. There is a lot of opportunity down here for entrepreneurs, if I was younger I would be right in there with them.

VillageIdiots 12-07-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1605642)
You bashers just don't give up do you, thinking you will scare people from buying down here. This place is going nuts with buyers. Even re-sales if priced where they should be are sold in a matter of days, there are a lot of people already moving into their second new homes down here and profiting very well on their re-sales. They opened the Fenney Way round-about today and there is now a steady stream of traffic form one end to the other, it's a very impressing entrance. 501 is also opened as of today and that will take a lot of truck traffic off of 301. Almost all of the land along 468/Warm Springs is zoned commercial and there are for-sale signs on just about every acre which will bring in little shopping plazas, maybe an urgent care, small independent restaurants, etc, etc. There is a lot of opportunity down here for entrepreneurs

:bigbow:

billethkid 12-07-2018 02:37 PM

Maybe there will not be a 4th town center!?
:popcorn:

VillageIdiots 12-07-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1605655)
Maybe there will not be a 4th town center!?
:popcorn:

Ship has sailed on that one - already been announced.

What is this - stir the pot Friday? I didn't get the memo...

:icon_wink:

CWGUY 12-07-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillageIdiots (Post 1605657)
Ship has sailed on that one - already been announced.

What is this - stir the pot Friday? I didn't get the memo...

:icon_wink:

:ohdear: You missed it because you looked under "stir the pot" .....that's not what they are trying to stir. :icon_wink:

DonH57 12-07-2018 05:59 PM

I'll bet the newest town square will be in the newest part of the villages and a 5th town square will be closer to Disney!