Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Prospective resident would welcome input! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/prospective-resident-would-welcome-input-279398/)

janht 12-08-2018 06:23 PM

Prospective resident would welcome input!

Hi all....My partner and I are going to be spending a month or so in FL and one thing we want to do is check out TV; looking at a rental for 4 days or so which is all the time we'll have. We'd like to see/experience as much as possible in a small amount of time, so what would you suggest we check out? If it requires much walking or much use of feet, can't go there right now....somewhat physically limited but game for anything else. Not golfers. Are there activities that we could join in on even though we're not residents if we have a guest pass?

eweissenbach 12-08-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janht (Post 1605999)
Hi all....My partner and I are going to be spending a month or so in FL and one thing we want to do is check out TV; looking at a rental for 4 days or so which is all the time we'll have. We'd like to see/experience as much as possible in a small amount of time, so what would you suggest we check out? If it requires much walking or much use of feet, can't go there right now....somewhat physically limited but game for anything else. Not golfers. Are there activities that we could join in on even though we're not residents if we have a guest pass?

I'll take a shot. First morning take the trolley tour(s) (I think there are three - one from Spanish Springs, one from Sumter, and one from Brownwood) All three would probably give you a great overview of TV. Get a copy of the Daily Sun and check out the open houses, you will have lots of choices of pre-owned and new homes. Focus on those which fit your needs and your budget. Go to several of the Regional Rec Centers ( I suggest Eisenhower, Seabreeze, Savannah Center, Lake Miona, and Rohan. Go to at least a couple of squares in the evenings - 5pm - 9pm, Sumter Landing, Spanish Springs, and Brownwood. Go to lunch/dinner at some of the "country clubs", Cane Garden, Mallory, Palmer, Havana, Evans Prairie. Breakfast at Johnnie Rockets and Darrells Diner. Talk to as many residents as possible when out and about, believe me they will be happy to answer your questions. Drive around and check out as many villages as possible to get a feel for where you might feel comfortable. If you are like most of us you will find that is four days you are pretty sure where you want to settle down. Good luck

Mikeod 12-08-2018 06:50 PM

You might want to see if there’s a Lifestyle rental available for your visit. It includes a golf cart so your walking is reduced. You can do everything the post above recommends plus your advisor/agent can facilitate you getting into some activities. There’s no pressure and you’ll get more information.

janht 12-08-2018 08:19 PM

Thanks for the input. I think I have a rental lined up but what specifically is a Lifestyle Rental?

janht 12-08-2018 08:20 PM

Thanks so much. Some good info there.

eweissenbach 12-08-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janht (Post 1606027)
Thanks for the input. I think I have a rental lined up but what specifically is a Lifestyle Rental?

Lifestyle Preview:
Experience The Villages(R) with the Lifestyle Preview Opportunity

VApeople 12-08-2018 09:14 PM

We visited here for the first time in October 2015. We drove around but did not look at any houses. We went to the Town Centers and saw a bunch of people like us enjoying themselves, so we decided we could fit in here. That's about it.

janht 12-09-2018 10:00 AM

Thanks for the input.