Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Palm Rridge Dental (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/palm-rridge-dental-279629/)

PennBF 12-11-2018 01:38 PM

Palm Rridge Dental

I cannot say enough good things about Palm Ridge Dental and Dr. Shorr, (352-391-9930). I typically am the last person to like a Dentist unless they are knowledgeable, great medical sensitivity to a patient, a generally good person along with solid medical knowledge. I went to one dentist and it appeared it was their way or the highway and the prices started at greater than $10,000+. I did a hard thing by deciding to go to another Dentist. Once in awhile you make a darn good decision. This was the best I have made in a long time. Palm Ridge Dental was terrific which of course included Dr Shorr and his team. I strongly recommend them and hope anyone looking for a dental solution calls on them for help.:bigbow:

Edjkoz 12-11-2018 01:58 PM

Absolutely! They’re great

champion6 12-11-2018 02:16 PM

AGREE! For 6 years, my wife and I have been completely satisfied with Dr. Reem Jaber (female), as well as the dental hygienists.

fw102807 12-11-2018 02:27 PM

Totally agree

Madelaine Amee 12-11-2018 04:04 PM

I was always terrified of going to the dentist until a neighbor, who happened to be a retired dentist, suggested I see Dr. Williams at Palm Ridge. I absolutely LOVE this woman, too strong a sentiment for a dentist ..... not for me, she, and the rest of her staff are excellent. I have never been there without hearing them laughing and enjoying their jobs. Oh my goodness, another reason to love The Villages!!!:)

jojo 12-11-2018 05:52 PM

It is a great practice. I go to Dr. Williams who is absolutely wonderful.

mrf6969 12-12-2018 07:47 AM

Dentist, honest and fair

Great to hear about an honest and fair dentist. I have had wonderful experiences too with VIP Dentistry and Dr. Angela Emrick. They are in the Lange Eye Building next to the Palm Ridge Plaza.
Found her on a second opinion visit and they do honest and fair-pricing work. Everyone I have referred to her have been very pleased.

Parker 12-12-2018 07:54 AM

This is an excellent practice, from the receptionist to the dentists. I dare you to find a better one.

PennBF 12-12-2018 08:36 AM

So Glad

I am so glad to see more testify to the great care and treatment at Palm Ridge Dentistry. Dr.Shorr who I understand had retired
but still practices there twice a week is a prime example of what Dentist's were and still can be. He has a Dental Assistant, (Eddie) who is just another really professional person who proves good care and patient treatment can exist. :bigbow:

johnfarr 12-12-2018 11:10 AM

Dr. Williams is the best! We've been going there over 10 years. Gentle and honest, she never recommends unnecessary treatment. I've referred many and all are very happy with all 3 dentists in the practice.

John Farr

graciegirl 12-12-2018 11:47 AM

I cannot tell you how much we like these wonderful professionals and kind people. They are more than skilled, but certainly have excellent educational backgrounds and the highest ethics.

Not only all three dentists, but the hygienists as well, have advanced my self knowledge about care of my mouth at this late age.

I just love them all.

mrbgull 12-13-2018 06:44 PM

:bigbow:A great practice with a skilled staff. Dr Reem Jabar is the best.

PennBF 12-14-2018 08:52 AM

Grateful

I am so grateful my wife suggested that I try another dentist after the bad experience with the one I had been going to. The first redid a partial which was done wrong and caused a lot of pain. When I complained about the pain to the first Dentist I was told there was nothing he could do unless I did implants, etc etc and otherwise I would have to live with the pain which I did for over 6 weeks. I took my wife's suggestion and within a few minutes Dr.Shorr had fixed the pain and then attacked the rest of the partial problem. WOW what a terrific Dentist. I can't overstate it that if you are not satisfied with the current Dentist don't be afraid to change. I had been and finally took the plunge and it was absolutely the right thing and was fortunate to find a Dentist who corrected my problems. :ho:

coffeebean 12-14-2018 09:45 AM

Is this office in network with any insurance plans? I don't see that information on their website.

jojo 12-14-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1607393)
Is this office in network with any insurance plans? I don't see that information on their website.

They are not in network with insurance plans.