Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Expert A Golf Cart Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-golf-cart-question-230/)
-   -   Ask a Golf Cart Expert a question! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-golf-cart-question-230/ask-golf-cart-expert-question-279806/)

TOTV Team 12-13-2018 09:37 PM

Ask a Golf Cart Expert a question!

If you have a question regarding your golf cart you can ask an expert for assistance. Only the expert should respond all other responses will be removed.

If you have a golf cart question for the general community you can post that in the golf cart forum vs. the expert forum. Here Scott the owner of Titan Golf Cart will be responding to these questions.

Scott Jezowski grew up in MI on a golf course and spent most of his life working on carts in his parents golf cart shop. Scott has now been in the Villages for 5 years and is the owner of Titan Golf Cart South. He handles warranty work for club car Yamaha and ezgo and provides Mobile
Golf cart repair service, sales, and rentals, servicing The Villages and surrounding cities.

Scott Jezowski
Titan Golf Cart South
352-348-7381
titangolfcartsouth@gmail.com
Titan Golf Cart South - Home | Facebook

Rebel Pirate 12-13-2018 10:30 PM

Seat belts for golf carts are an obvious YES. What about seat belts with a shoulder harness...YES or NO?

TOTV GOLF CART EXPERT 12-24-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel Pirate (Post 1607353)
Seat belts for golf carts are an obvious YES. What about seat belts with a shoulder harness...YES or NO?

Rebel pirate.

Seat belts are a tough subject. There is no Dot approved seat belts for golf carts there for I will not install them. I have not seen any over the shoulder seat belts on a cart that look properly installed. There for I would say NO to your question.

tophcfa 12-24-2018 03:39 PM

Does the extra weight of 10 inch radial tires put stress on steering linkage, wheel bearings, or other standard golf cart components, causing premature wear?

SouthOfTheBorder 12-24-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV GOLF CART EXPERT (Post 1610357)
Rebel pirate.

Seat belts are a tough subject. There is no Dot approved seat belts for golf carts there for I will not install them. I have not seen any over the shoulder seat belts on a cart that look properly installed. There for I would say NO to your question.

What is improper about the Par Car (P5) shoulder seat belt design/installation or have you not seen them.

Are there any DOT approved belts for NEVs?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Don

jedalton 12-25-2018 10:20 AM

I have a 2013 gas Yamaha golf cart. It backfires when I slow down. They have replaced the muffler 5 times and the carburetor still backfires. any idea what the problem may be?

TraceyofTheVillages 12-29-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedalton (Post 1610523)
I have a 2013 gas Yamaha golf cart. It backfires when I slow down. They have replaced the muffler 5 times and the carburetor still backfires. any idea what the problem may be?

my new (to me) 2007 gas Yamaha golf cart is doing the same thing, the motor is super loud and it is no frills, so i need to get accessories like auto off signal control, zipper soft enclosure, doggie safety seat, floor mat, grocery net, garage door remote, and stuff I probably don't even know exists :) I'm in Fenney so I can't take it anywhere yet. Suggestions?

TOTV GOLF CART EXPERT 12-29-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedalton (Post 1610523)

Yamaha 2013 backfire.
Make sure that the cables are probably adjusted if not it can cause a backfire.
Does the cart have a high speed gear?
Have they put a new muffler on everytime?
Did they change the muffler gasket with the muffler?

TOTV GOLF CART EXPERT 12-29-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder (Post 1610402)
What is improper about the Par Car (P5) shoulder seat belt design/installation or have you not seen them.

Are there any DOT approved belts for NEVs?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Don

The P5 cart was made with seatbelts on it. So the company can take the proper measures to make sure they keep you safe. EZ-GO,Yamaha and Club car doesn’t have any factory seatbelts or a safe way to install them. This is my opinion.

juscause 01-30-2019 07:07 PM

speedometers

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1607347)
If you have a question regarding your golf cart you can ask an expert for assistance. Only the expert should respond all other responses will be removed.

If you have a golf cart question for the general community you can post that in the golf cart forum vs. the expert forum. Here Scott the owner of Titan Golf Cart will be responding to these questions.

Scott Jezowski grew up in MI on a golf course and spent most of his life working on carts in his parents golf cart shop. Scott has now been in the Villages for 5 years and is the owner of Titan Golf Cart South. He handles warranty work for club car Yamaha and ezgo and provides Mobile
Golf cart repair service, sales, and rentals, servicing The Villages and surrounding cities.

Scott Jezowski
Titan Golf Cart South
352-348-7381
titangolfcartsouth@gmail.com
Titan Golf Cart South - Home | Facebook

I have an Ex Ray Golf Cart Multifunctional Digital Speedometer and want it installed on my new (to me) cart. Do you do this, and if so, what would you charge? Do I need to bring it in?