Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Havanese (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/havanese-280003/)

JSR22 12-15-2018 04:58 PM

Havanese

We purchased a Havanese puppy today. I was told there is a Havanese Club in TV. I have been searching and have not found anything more recent than 2015. Anyone have any info?

thelegges 12-15-2018 05:18 PM

Congrats if we choose to add a pet this is the breed we would choose. So spunky and adorable.

Its hard not to save a forgotten dog, so we will be looking at a Havanese rescue. If our 4 pound Himalayan will allow.

At this time I am watching our daughter try to save a English Bull close to death rescued from a puppy mill.

JSR22 12-15-2018 05:22 PM

Havanese

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1607937)
Congrats if we choose to add a pet this is the breed we would choose. So spunky and adorable.

Its hard not to save a forgotten dog, so we will be looking at a Havanese rescue. If our 4 pound Himalayan will allow.

At this time I am watching our daughter try to save a English Bull close to death rescued from a puppy mill.

I searched for a rescue Havanese for the past 2 weeks. Very few and unfortunately the couple that were available were elderly or special needs. I nursed a Polish Lowland Sheepdog fo 7 months when she was paralyzed from discs bulging into her spine. Surgery, followed by 7 months of PT in Ocala 3 times a week before she could walk. I'm due for a break. We lost a different Polish Sheepdog a while ago who was deaf and blind from old age.

duffysmom 12-16-2018 02:08 PM

Congrats.. Would love to see a picture of your new puppy. You have a big heart, the puppy is lucky to become part of your pack.

graciegirl 12-16-2018 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 1608138)
Congrats.. Would love to see a picture of your new puppy. You have a big heart, the puppy is lucky to become part of your pack.

My grandson who visited us at Thanksgiving, requested a painting to gift his friend who owns a Havanese. So I painted two, one for her mom too.

ladygolfer123 12-16-2018 02:40 PM

Awesome job of painting!! Gifts like that have no price tag!!

lanabanana73 12-16-2018 07:59 PM

There is not a "real" Havanese Club that I'm aware of, but there is a group that gathers monthly at the Atlas Dog Park. I will PM you the contact person's info.

JSR22 12-16-2018 08:06 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanabanana73 (Post 1608248)
There is not a "real" Havanese Club that I'm aware of, but there is a group that gathers monthly at the Atlas Dog Park. I will PM you the contact person's info.

Thank you! We are so excited about Ziggy Stardust coming home!