Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Cannot View Square Webcams (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/cannot-view-square-webcams-280006/)

SickofSnow 12-15-2018 06:05 PM

Cannot View Square Webcams

I have always been able to view the 3 webcams of the squares at top of the web. As of a few days ago, I can no longer view them. Instead of being able to see all 3 squares on one page, I have to view them individually. Is anyone else having this problem?

seoulbrooks 12-15-2018 06:16 PM

They changed the video formatting. You now have to click on the play arrow like if watching a news video. At least that is how they now work with Edge. Not sure about other browsers.....

SickofSnow 12-15-2018 06:59 PM

Thank you for your reply. I don't even get that far. I keep getting an error message saying "problems loading image". I am using Chrome. I get the same error message on my Ipad as well.

seoulbrooks 12-15-2018 07:27 PM

Try this link....I just checked and it is working...

Lifestyle | The Villages

Taltarzac725 12-15-2018 07:31 PM

Lifestyle | The Villages

My connections work for me.

seoulbrooks 12-16-2018 06:11 AM

Lifestyle | The Villages

Works for me as well.

zmarkp 12-16-2018 06:37 AM

It does not work for me. Irritating. Whatever favored soul runs the website changes things on a regular basis, not always for the best. For instance, I used to be able to move around the map of homes for sale with my finger, but that feature's been inoperable for months. Before I bought two years ago I visited TV website every day to view listings and see what I was missing out on the squares. I'm here now so it's a moot point.

However, I can't help but speculate on the effects of inherited wealth and power on founding descendants. Nothing great lasts forever. But I really don't care because I probably wont last forever, either.

SickofSnow 12-16-2018 07:36 AM

That brought me only to the Brownwood cam. I can view the individual cameras. I was hoping to be able to see all 3 squares on one page as I did previously.

Bogie Shooter 12-16-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmarkp (Post 1608044)
It does not work for me. Irritating. Whatever favored soul runs the website changes things on a regular basis, not always for the best. For instance, I used to be able to move around the map of homes for sale with my finger, but that feature's been inoperable for months. Before I bought two years ago I visited TV website every day to view listings and see what I was missing out on the squares. I'm here now so it's a moot point.

However, I can't help but speculate on the effects of inherited wealth and power on founding descendants. Nothing great lasts forever. But I really don't care because I probably wont last forever, either.

What does this mean??

John_W 12-17-2018 04:29 PM

The OP mentioned 3 cameras on one page, I believe they were referring to the website owned by a Villager who has all 3 webcams together. I noticed it wasn't working as well last week, you had to refresh the page a few times.

I just tried it, and it's working good now. The only time it doesn't work is when there is too many viewing at one time, I believe each camera is limited to 500 users, sometimes you may get 1 or 2 but not all three, just hit refresh until they all come up.

The Villages 3 Webcams

zmarkp 12-17-2018 05:57 PM

Bookmarking. Thanks, John!

SickofSnow 12-17-2018 06:12 PM

The cameras are back!! I have no idea what happened. I can view all 3 squares on the same page. Thank you for all of the comments!

SickofSnow 12-17-2018 06:13 PM

I've always been able to view all 3 cameras at one time

cndlou3 12-18-2018 11:28 AM

I had the same problem over the weekend. But is working now and seems to be working better to me.