Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   RIP Penny Marshall (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/rip-penny-marshall-280206/)

BK001 12-18-2018 05:02 PM

RIP Penny Marshall

Penny Marshall, who played feisty Laverne in 'Laverne & Shirley' before directing movies, dies at 75

ColdNoMore 12-18-2018 05:26 PM

Bummer...I liked her. :(

manaboutown 12-18-2018 06:42 PM

Oh no! She was one of my favorites. She even attended the university I went to at the same time although I never met her. “Hey Ritchie, is that hankie for showin’ or for blowin’ as a guest star on Happy Days.

R I P Penny.

Bay Kid 12-19-2018 06:16 AM

So sad. Seems like just yesterday.

Taltarzac725 12-19-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1608835)
Oh no! She was one of my favorites. She even attended the university I went to at the same time although I never met her. “Hey Ritchie, is that hankie for showin’ or for blowin’ as a guest star on Happy Days.

R I P Penny.

Penny Marshall - Wikipedia

Yes. I really enjoyed her work on TV and in the movies she directed.

I see she went to the University of New Mexico. My former dancing/biking and other kinds of things friend from the U of Denver, Cheryl, used to work in library there if I am not mistaken. She is retired now. Married some guy in the air force after working on various military bases as a librarian. She was a fun woman to go dancing with and do other things.

That does not look like a big school either.

manaboutown 12-19-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1608936)
Penny Marshall - Wikipedia

Yes. I really enjoyed her work on TV and in the movies she directed.

I see she went to the University of New Mexico. My former dancing/biking and other kinds of things friend from the U of Denver, Cheryl, used to work in library there if I am not mistaken. She is retired now. Married some guy in the air force after working on various military bases as a librarian. She was a fun woman to go dancing with and do other things.

That does not look like a big school either.

Yes UNM is the school. I think, but do not hold me to it, that in 1964 when I graduated there were a little over 12,000 undergraduates. In 2015 total enrollment was over 27,000.

The library is named Zimmerman Library. It has a huge collection of writings from the Spanish conquistadores. I found it a good place to study.

While Penny likely was in fine arts I was studying physics and mathematics for two majors so I got to know very few fine arts majors.