Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   General tso’s chicken (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/general-tsos-chicken-280665/)

Happinow 12-26-2018 04:06 PM

General tso’s chicken

Want some good Generals chicken. The Chinese place in Colony plaza is not good at this particular dish. Someone said to go to the one in the plaza down by Rohan. Aren’t they owned by the same People? I think the names are the same.......China Gourmet. Why would the dish be prepared any different? Just wondered......

The Generals chicken at China Gourmet has no chicken in it....just a glob of fat like substance....🤢🤢🤢

Skip 12-26-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 1610727)
Want some good Generals chicken. The Chinese place in Colony plaza is not good at this particular dish. Someone said to go to the one in the plaza down by Rohan. Aren’t they owned by the same People? I think the names are the same.......China Gourmet. Why would the dish be prepared any different? Just wondered......

The Generals chicken at China Gourmet has no chicken in it....just a glob of fat like substance....🤢🤢🤢

You can search for that dish on The Villages Gourmet Club's SEARCH PAGE. Since there are two way to spell it, you may have to do two searches. In Section 4c, type the words "General Tso" (don't use the apostrophe). Do a second search entering the words "General Tao". Some menus spell it differently. You'll find a few restaurants nearby that carry that dish. I'm not a fan of that spicy dish, however.

Enjoy, Skip

CWGUY 12-26-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

:icon_hungry: I prefer their "Beef and Broccoli" with no beef! Or maybe their Peking Duck with "no peeking" :1rotfl:

graciegirl 12-26-2018 05:34 PM

This is pretty good, if you haven't tried it.

InnovAsian Cuisine General Tso's Chicken, Medium Spicy : Publix.com

Publix also sells a frozen version from PF Chang that is quite SPICY.

xkeowner 12-26-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Give Koyame a try. I have not had it there but have seen the dish several times when others have ordered it. Definitely a lot of chicken. If you like it spicy you may want to ask for extra spicy as Koyame, like every other Asian restaurant I have tried in Florida, is reluctant to make it spicy for older patrons.

All of the other dishes I have tried there are good in both quality and quantity.

collie1228 12-27-2018 09:16 AM

I love the Gen Tsao's Chicken at Bamboo Bistro. I order it very spicy, but you can get it with a low spice level too. Nice big pieces of moist chicken, served with broccoli and white rice - delicious. The do a Gen Tsao's Shrimp too, which is also good.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 12-27-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkeowner (Post 1610775)
Give Koyame a try. I have not had it there but have seen the dish several times when others have ordered it. Definitely a lot of chicken. If you like it spicy you may want to ask for extra spicy as Koyame, like every other Asian restaurant I have tried in Florida, is reluctant to make it spicy for older patrons.

All of the other dishes I have tried there are good in both quality and quantity.

Koyame is the best Chinese Restaurant in The Villages.

dewilson58 12-27-2018 09:24 AM

I had General T's Chic pizza up North last month.

I kno, I kno...........but it was good.

The pizza place only makes pizza from a Chinese menu. I jumped in and tried.........it was crazy good.

walterray1 12-27-2018 09:46 AM

Another positive vote for General tso's chicken at Koyame. We have had it and it is very fresh and large portion with a lot of chicken. We have eaten there multiple times (along with takeouts) and the food is always good.

Two Bills 12-29-2018 09:55 AM

Personally. I prefer the Colonels!:)