Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Sound Familiar ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/sound-familiar-280886/)

pauld315 12-30-2018 10:30 AM

Sound Familiar ?

The owner of this Wahlbugers in Raleigh NC, Greg Pranzo, doing business as Carolina Burger Company is the same guy that owned Guy Fieri's here in The Villages. The location in Raleigh was forced to close after being open 7 months. I wonder if he stopped paying his rent and employees at Guy Fieri's as well before it was closed here?

Bounced paychecks, poor-quality food: Raleigh Wahlburgers workers speak out about sudden shutdown | abc11.com

graciegirl 12-30-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1611584)
The owner of this Wahlbugers in Raleigh NC, Greg Pranzo, doing business as Carolina Burger Company is the same guy that owned Guy Fieri's here in The Villages. The location in Raleigh was forced to close after being open 7 months. I wonder if he stopped paying his rent and employees at Guy Fieri's as well before it was closed here?

Bounced paychecks, poor-quality food: Raleigh Wahlburgers workers speak out about sudden shutdown | abc11.com

I found a link to a business called " YellowTank". They sure do tank.

Skip 01-04-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1611584)

Yup, another "Pranzo Scheme". :eek:

Skip

pauld315 01-15-2019 07:56 AM

Same guy again, this time the Wahlburger's he owned in Myrtle Beach.

Wahlburgers corporate office to purchase Broadway at the Beach location from independent contractor

bagboy 01-15-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1616241)
Same guy again, this time the Wahlburger's he owned in Myrtle Beach.

Wahlburgers corporate office to purchase Broadway at the Beach location from independent contractor

As you linked, Wahlbergers corporate office just announced they will purchase the Myrtle Beach franchise from Pranzo. It remains to be seen if they will make the dozens of bounced paychecks good. I would think more than one someone in the developers commercial division has some explaining to do regarding the Pranzo/Fieri lease.

John_W 01-15-2019 10:23 AM

pauld315 01-15-2019 09:40 PM

Having moved here from the Raleigh NC area, I have been following the story about Wahlburgers closing there and the employees who were stuck with no pay etc. The Wahlburger brothers have stepped in and said that no employee will get stuck and they will take care of it. If they follow through and the employees get what is coming to them, that is certainly not something you see everyday from a franchisor and I would have to give them kudos. Time will tell.