Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   La Hacienda C C (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/la-hacienda-c-c-281301/)

n8xwb 01-03-2019 08:29 PM

Hacienda C C

Tonight my wife and I went with friends to Hacienda C C. at 6:15 for dinner. We planned on staying afterwards as Ssnakeyez was supposed to host a Blue's Jam Session from 7:30-10:30. Only one other couple was in the place from the time we entered at 6:15 til we left a little after 7'30 ( the jam never took place). The bar was closed up when we left -- chairs upside down, no tender in sight. The food was not bad, except I tried to order a prime rib sandwich and a chocolate dessert -- neither was available?! I settled for a burger which was quite good, medium rare as ordered and definitely a handmade patty. My wife ordered a crab cake sandwich and potatoe salad -- both were good. So are they going out of business?? It was like a ghost town!

pauld315 01-03-2019 08:58 PM

Lots of other threads on this. You can read through them and ascertain for yourself why the place is empty.

Bay Kid 01-04-2019 07:32 AM

Such a shame. Tons of The Villages history there.

collie1228 01-04-2019 09:36 AM

Just to be clear, La Hacienda is the recreation center near Spanish Springs. The restaurant the OP writes about is the Hacienda Hills Country Club restaurant on Morse Blvd. We gave up on the Hacienda Hills CC restaurant over a year ago, when the owner of World of Beer in Spanish Springs took it over and made it worse than it already was. It was basically a very loud restaurant with lousy food and service. Sounds like it's even worse now.

JimD215 01-04-2019 10:32 AM

They are under new management but if the owner is the same you will get the same

Challenger 01-04-2019 01:23 PM

The Villages Organization (The Developer) needs to step in and stop the deterioration of the country clubs . Now , in my opinion, the majority are sub standard as restaurants. The demise of Lopez, Hacienda Hills Glenview, Havana and others is there for all to see. Maybe there are too many in TV. More likely poor management is driving away customers who have now been burned too many times.

raynan 01-04-2019 03:53 PM

Havana CC has made a great turn around. Challenger if you haven't tried it lately you should give it a go. Lopez pool has also gone back to being great again as I'm sure the restaurant will be too once it reopens. The group that bought Johnny Rockets, Red Sauce, Americanos (but now newer owners recently), Havana and now Lopez have the magic touch on improving disaster restaurants into good food. great service and a nice clean atmosphere.

JSR22 01-04-2019 04:34 PM

Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1613252)
Havana CC has made a great turn around. Challenger if you haven't tried it lately you should give it a go. Lopez pool has also gone back to being great again as I'm sure the restaurant will be too once it reopens. The group that bought Johnny Rockets, Red Sauce, Americanos (but now newer owners recently), Havana and now Lopez have the magic touch on improving disaster restaurants into good food. great service and a nice clean atmosphere.

Havana has great food and service.

fw102807 01-04-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1613252)

:agree:

Shbullet 01-04-2019 06:08 PM

They have improved but not ready to call it great food....Lets give it a few more months.

JSR22 01-05-2019 07:06 AM

They have been open almost 2 years. Always busy.

marandken76@gmail.com 01-15-2019 05:18 PM

Hacienda CC

My husband & I went there last night at 6:30- there may have been eight other people there. Good food & service, but yikes! zero fun. The remodel makes the place look a lot cleaner, but plain & boring. It needs some fun patterned décor….
We were told the same people own Glenview & World of Beers. Really????