Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Jersey Mikes & Dollar Tree Now Open (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/jersey-mikes-dollar-tree-now-open-281455/)

New Englander 01-05-2019 02:12 PM

Jersey Mikes & Dollar Tree Now Open

Jersey Mikes Sub Shop @ Trailwinds Plaza is now open. Also, Dollar Tree on 466A, about a half mile past Trailwinds is now open. :coolsmiley:

John_W 01-05-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 1613488)
Jersey Mikes Sub Shop @ Trailwinds Plaza is now open. Also, Dollar Tree on 466A, about a half mile past Trailwinds is now open. :coolsmiley:

Great News, I was in the Jersey Mike's by Target yesterday and Randy the manager is back. You might not know, but he and the manager of Melbourne location switched last June because Randy's wife is from there. Randy is the best guy I've known in a restaurant, I hated when he said he was leaving. He was going to manage the Trailwinds location. All he had time to say was, he didn't like it there and the guy came here didn't like it, so they switched back. He still remembered I ate the regular #3 on white.

Anyway, Randy said the official opening of this Jersey Mike's is Wednesday the 9th, this just a soft opening now to work out all the employees.

Dollar General has been finished for about a month, I was waiting for them to open. I guess they didn't want to open during the holidays. Anyway, some people will say, that's nothing great but I'm very glad we have those two new stores.

bhoward 01-06-2019 06:47 AM

Is it Dollar Tree or Dollar General?

Bogie Shooter 01-06-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoward (Post 1613646)

or Family Dollar. Is there any difference?:22yikes:

graciegirl 01-06-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1613650)

And why were there so many headlines lately that said pushback against Dollar Tree? I read several and there was mention of areas using them as a food market????? I am not being my usual scheming self. I REALLY don't understand.

justjim 01-06-2019 09:47 AM

Difference

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1613650)

Don’t go often but what I observed is everything at Dollar Tree was a dollar and not in family dollar or general dollar...

graciegirl 01-06-2019 09:51 AM

I like to go to see what they have at Dollar Tree and will occasionally see something to buy. I understand they are very successful, but I am not sure why.

Chi-Town 01-06-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1613705)
Don’t go often but what I observed is everything at Dollar Tree was a dollar and not in family dollar or general dollar...

Visited the Dollar Tree on 441 just to see what s dollar store is like. Much better than expected and everything is no more than a dollar like you said. Here's their blurb:

About Your Local Dollar Tree:

At your local Dollar Tree, every item is $1 (or less) each! As North America's largest single-price-point retailer, we strive to keep our shelves stocked with extreme values on household items, cleaning supplies, vases and floral supplies, and more. Meet your family's needs with affordable beauty products, toys and crafts, school supplies, and everything in between. Fill your pantry with brand-name food, snacks, candy, and drinks. Celebrate in style with our large selection of party supplies, balloons, gift bags, and seasonal decorations for every holiday and occasion! Plus, purchase many of your favorite products in bulk at DollarTree.com

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

John_W 01-06-2019 10:41 AM

New Englander 01-06-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoward (Post 1613646)

Dollar Tree

New Englander 01-06-2019 10:57 AM

Things I'll buy at Dollar Tree.

Chewing Gum
Popcorn
Greeting Cards
Liquid Hand Soap
Candy Bar
Batteries
Etc, Etc

Uberschaf 01-07-2019 04:14 AM

Jersey Mike's is not open till Wednesday 1/9.