Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Garage door won’t open (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/garage-door-wont-open-281509/)

MSchad 01-06-2019 04:57 AM

Garage door won’t open

Just moved in and problem with garage door. Romac MVP model. Yesterday when we came home, main garage door wouldn’t open. Door operator light (work light) on unit and red led on back of operator turn on, then red led turns off. Push button again and operator clicks and red led comes on then goes off. This happens using any of the remotes or the inside wall switch. Golf cart door works fine from same remotes.
Any ideas what is wrong?

Biker Dog 01-06-2019 06:19 AM

Check to be sure the "lock" button on the wall switch is not locked on.

MSchad 01-06-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker Dog (Post 1613643)
Check to be sure the "lock" button on the wall switch is not locked on.

It is in the “unlock” position.

Uberschaf 01-06-2019 06:54 AM

Chain may need adjustment.

skip0358 01-06-2019 07:52 AM

Check that there is nothing blocking the sensor on the main door and that they're aligned. If you just moved in call warranty dep't they'll tell you how to handle it.

villagetinker 01-06-2019 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSchad (Post 1613640)
Just moved in and problem with garage door. Romac MVP model. Yesterday when we came home, main garage door wouldn’t open. Door operator light (work light) on unit and red led on back of operator turn on, then red led turns off. Push button again and operator clicks and red led comes on then goes off. This happens using any of the remotes or the inside wall switch. Golf cart door works fine from same remotes.
Any ideas what is wrong?

You did not state if the RED LED is on or flashing, see attached chart. Also, if you are getting the "stuck relay" indication, there are 2 travel stop cams on the chain, if one of these falls off the associated switch on top of the motor unit will not operate, and the door is stuck in either the open or close position. While relatively easy to replace the cam, adjusting these is tricky.
Hope this helps.

Kahuna32162 01-06-2019 01:26 PM

Call Ryan O'Cull, he'll fix it in 2 minutes. 352 617-0522

pristine 01-06-2019 01:32 PM

it might be stuck. Put vasaline between the side vinal and the door

Jaggy 01-06-2019 01:40 PM

agree that Ryan is the best person to call.. also check for bent electric eye thing on Bottom of garage door frame.

Tweety Bird 01-06-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1613811)

He is the BEST

twoplanekid 03-20-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1613811)

Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!

Fredster 03-20-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1634380)
Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!

I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him!

Topspinmo 03-20-2019 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=Fredster;1634416]I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him![/QUOTE

Had broken spring, Ryan was on it and done before I could round up the cash to pay him. Ryan, Ryan he’s you’re man.

TomPerry 03-21-2019 05:31 AM

Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!

biker1 03-21-2019 05:37 AM

Typically, if the motor starts up and the garage door doesn't move, the Allen screw on the flywheel (connected to the motor drive shaft) has backed itself out and the flywheel isn't turning. Also, the flywheel may have slid down the motor shaft and the drive belt has come off the flywheel. If you have Allen wrenches, this is easy to fix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPerry (Post 1634491)
Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!