Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Police Officer appreciation Day (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/police-officer-appreciation-day-281817/)

OldManTime 01-09-2019 09:51 AM

Police Officer appreciation Day

Today is Police Officer appreciation Day, how will you honor them?

Taltarzac725 01-09-2019 09:56 AM

Law Enforcement Appreciation Day 2019, MPD - YouTube

Thanks to all the retired cops who read Talk of the Villages as well as to the acting ones who may also look at sections of TOTV. :clap2:

graciegirl 01-09-2019 11:13 AM

I don't know, but I do. I am very grateful.

seoulbrooks 01-09-2019 11:57 AM

Thanks to all of you. A very difficult job in difficult times. Thanks for watching out for all of us now and in the past.

kcrazorbackfan 01-09-2019 08:26 PM

The same as I do everyday - say a prayer for the safety of my son and all other LEO's and proudly display my Blue Lives Matter flag along with my American flag.

Nucky 01-09-2019 10:23 PM

I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the Officers when I was a young trouble maker. A trouble maker back then was different than a trouble maker now. The Officers always did the same thing, They delivered me to my father. I would have rather gone to Court and Jail then face him when he was upset.

The only thing Dad told me I would really get me lite up was if he saw his Last Name in the Newspaper. He never did. Whew.

Thank God for our Officers. When I see someone I classify as a low life get in their grill and scream some foolishness at them and they just stand there and take it, I'm just amazed, those Officers could disassemble those creeps but have the mental fortitude to not touch them, I'm not that strong. Bless them all. I promise to keep behaving. It's been 40 plus years since I goofed up bigly!

Taltarzac725 01-10-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1614816)
I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the Officers when I was a young trouble maker. A trouble maker back then was different than a trouble maker now. The Officers always did the same thing, They delivered me to my father. I would have rather gone to Court and Jail then face him when he was upset.

The only thing Dad told me I would really get me lit up was if he saw his Last Name in the Newspaper. He never did. Whew.

Thank God for our Officers. When I see someone I classify as a low life get in their grill and scream some foolishness at them and they just stand there and take it, I'm just amazed, those Officers could disassemble those creeps but have the mental fortitude to not touch them, I'm not that strong. Bless them all. I promise to keep behaving. It's been 40 plus years since I goofed up bigly!

That happened to me when I got in with a bad crowd. The cops put me in a small cell with my friend who kept blaming me but it had been his idea to bring back a duck from Virginia Lake for his brother- in- law's breakfast. He was way up a tree when the cops were called. I was going to hand him the biggest rock I could find. This was when I was about 13.

The cops called my Dad. He was a friend of Mills Lane which helped quite a bit in tight situations. Mills Lane was the District Attorney or something like that and is the guy who refereed the Tyson-Holyfield ear biting fight among various other prize fights.

I got away from this group after witnessing some very violent and nasty things and having one of them point a loaded and fully pumped BB gun at my eye. I managed to convince him to try to shoot between my fingers. He missed and put a BB in my left pinky. That was enough ill treatment by this group of "friends". The guy got a beat down by another one of my "friends" and was stuck in some kind of mental health treatment facility for juveniles for a while. Never saw the BB shooter again.

I started reading a lot of books and writing my great Uncle a letter every week.

Both my brothers also got involved with this group of kids from the wrong side of town. I did really like one of the girls in this group of kids. I ran into her in college at the University of Nevada, Reno and then she married a rancher not soon after that.

aframe 01-10-2019 09:25 AM

Front row seats to the saddest show on earth.. God Bless the Men and Women who go out every day to keep us safe.

BobnBev 01-10-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManTime (Post 1614572)
Today is Police Officer appreciation Day, how will you honor them?

I don't need a special day, I honor and respect them every day.:bigbow: