Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Caddy Buddy makes navigating easier (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/caddy-buddy-makes-navigating-easier-281973/)

sunburn 01-10-2019 08:32 PM

Caddy Buddy makes navigating easier

1 Attachment(s)
When I got here in TV, I used the Villages app to get around. The directions were OK, but not great. After upgrading to the paid app, it was a little better, but the narration was not accurate for me. Being unfamiliar with the roads snd cart trails, I had to hold the phone up where I could see it instead of listening.

Then I found the caddy buddy. It clamps to the windshield post for an easy view of the screen without holding it, or looking down. It was $29.95, and worth it to me. It's also great to hold the phone while playing golf. I thought I'd let anyone know that might find it useful.

Here is a link:

Mounts for iPads, iPhones,Tripods, GoPro, Cameras and Golf Carts

Bay Kid 01-11-2019 07:56 AM

Great idea.

MrGolf 01-11-2019 10:14 AM

Here’s another idea that costs just a few cents. Place a couple of small Velcro strips on the back of your phone and on your scorecard holder. Place the phone on the holder when driving and using the app. Pretty secure and when not in use put the hone in your pocket.

Nucky 01-11-2019 10:21 AM

There is also another new one from WeatherTech. Looks about the same but gives you an option. Thanks Jerry C.

I'm in the market for 2 of these babies I think I'm gonna get one of each.

JGVillages 01-11-2019 11:50 AM

I use the “Caddy Buddy” to hold my iphone and then use a speedometer app that has very large numbers. Works great everywhere.

sunburn 01-11-2019 12:17 PM

Nucky, it holds my phone very secure. There are different sizes. I was worried about my $900 phone flying off and hitting the cart path, but it is very secure.

Bogie Shooter 01-11-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry C (Post 1615100)
When I got here in TV, I used the Villages app to get around. The directions were OK, but not great. After upgrading to the paid app, it was a little better, but the narration was not accurate for me. Being unfamiliar with the roads snd cart trails, I had to hold the phone up where I could see it instead of listening.

Then I found the caddy buddy. It clamps to the windshield post for an easy view of the screen without holding it, or looking down. It was $29.95, and worth it to me. It's also great to hold the phone while playing golf. I thought I'd let anyone know that might find it useful.

Here is a link:

Mounts for iPads, iPhones,Tripods, GoPro, Cameras and Golf Carts

Thanks, great site.