Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Single in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/single-villages-281975/)

conwell 01-10-2019 05:25 PM

Single in The Villages

Is a single 58 year old women going to fit in and enjoy the villages?

chachacha 01-10-2019 09:07 PM

certainly you have that opportunity if you make the most of it...there is a singles group called South of Sixty which you might enjoy, but generally singles of all ages enjoy each other's company in many activities...feel free to join us at our next get together! Welcome!

Bay Kid 01-11-2019 07:55 AM

So much to do in TV. If you play golf you will never be bored!

JerryLBell 01-11-2019 10:21 AM

My 52-year-old niece moved here last year after retiring early. She is absolutely loving it here. She hooked up with a few ladies in their 50s who are active together, doing things like golf, softball, water volleyball, bicycling, etc. Seeing how much fun she's having here makes me wish I could have retired 10 years younger like she did!

HIgolfers 01-11-2019 06:45 PM

Not if you are looking for a man

I'm married but the number of single women is far greater than the number of single men here. Lots of single women to hang out with and do things with but if you are looking for a man, I think the odds might be better elsewhere.

papasetti82 01-11-2019 07:33 PM

55 Plus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1615176)
My 52-year-old niece moved here last year after retiring early. She is absolutely loving it here. She hooked up with a few ladies in their 50s who are active together, doing things like golf, softball, water volleyball, bicycling, etc. Seeing how much fun she's having here makes me wish I could have retired 10 years younger like she did!

What happened to the 55 Plus rule?

ohiosbestus 01-12-2019 07:54 AM

I play golf in a group of about 50 members , there seems to be a few men are single there also. Also I think there are mixed golf leagues that people play in the villages where you can meet all kinds of people. Also there are hundreds of groups in the Villages where you can join in all the fun. Just remember it does not matter if you are married or single....

chachacha 01-12-2019 09:26 AM

All ages here

Quote:

Originally Posted by papasetti82 (Post 1615332)
What happened to the 55 Plus rule?

in reality although The Villages is a 55 plus community, the rule is that one of the homeowners must be that age....many residents have their adult children living with them...and many homes are sold to younger people because 20% of homes must be available to younger adults. No children under 18 are allowed as residents.

billethkid 01-12-2019 02:33 PM

And....there is no age requirement for resale homes except for having kids under 18.

Bay Kid 01-13-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1615562)
And....there is no age requirement for resale homes except for having kids under 18.

Wow, I didn't know that.

DeeCee Dubya 01-31-2019 10:34 AM

I just stumbled upon this singles thread in TO TV. 60-year-old guy still very active just moved to the villages in November 2018. Not meeting many single women around my age who are still active. Where should I be looking? Thanks all, Doug

John_W 01-31-2019 11:21 AM

newgirl 05-06-2019 08:53 AM

South of sixty is not a singles group . I would like to find ( start?) a singles under 64 group, or 62 .. most singles clubs I joined were all much older then myself( wonderful people, but would like to meet more men my age) There is also a new group, not singles but, born in the 60’s . If anyone knows of other options for meeting other younger singles please let me know!

Fraugoofy 05-06-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 1615106)
certainly you have that opportunity if you make the most of it...there is a singles group called South of Sixty which you might enjoy, but generally singles of all ages enjoy each other's company in many activities...feel free to join us at our next get together! Welcome!

Not a singles group, but a group for those under age 60.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

manaboutown 05-06-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newgirl (Post 1647710)
South of sixty is not a singles group . I would like to find ( start?) a singles under 64 group, or 62 .. most singles clubs I joined were all much older then myself( wonderful people, but would like to meet more men my age) There is also a new group, not singles but, born in the 60’s . If anyone knows of other options for meeting other younger singles please let me know!

Starting a new group might be the way to go. The single baby boomers group was started several years ago and took off like a rocket. The population of The Villages continues to grow rapidly so there must be many relatively younger singles arriving who want to find and socialize with their single contemporaries.