Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Excellent Casa Agava (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/excellent-casa-agava-282144/)

Boudicca 01-12-2019 08:11 PM

Excellent Casa Agava

Four of us enjoyed delicious meals at Casa Agave on Main Street in Wildwood, the restaurant is in the remodeled space previously occupied by Beef OGradys. It’s clean, bright and comfortable with excellent service and affordable, very good food. We asked for extra salsa which was quickly brought by our smiling waitress. An all round good experience

Boudicca 01-12-2019 08:44 PM

Different strokes

kcrazorbackfan 01-12-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boudicca (Post 1615644)
Different strokes

....for different folks....

tag460 01-12-2019 10:16 PM

Been there numerous times, always good food and service. Quiet atmosphere compared to Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill in Colony Plaza.

Boudicca 01-13-2019 06:33 AM

The quiet atmosphere was a welcome change, even though there were many customers. The noise level at Fiesta Grande was another reason we went elsewhere

New Englander 01-13-2019 10:02 AM

I'll have to give it a try.

Madelaine Amee 01-13-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boudicca (Post 1615639)
Four of us enjoyed delicious meals at Casa Agave on Main Street in Wildwood, the restaurant is in the remodeled space previously occupied by Beef OGradys. It’s clean, bright and comfortable with excellent service and affordable, very good food. We asked for extra salsa which was quickly brought by our smiling waitress. An all round good experience

Hi Boudicca ...... and any other Mexican cuisine aficionados:

My granddaughter from NH loves Mexican food and when she visits with us next month would like to be taken to a really good authentic Mexican restaurant. Would you recommend this one for her?

asianthree 01-13-2019 01:42 PM

So is this a Taqueria restaurant, with food you would only find with in Mexico?

NotGolfer 01-13-2019 02:28 PM

We went there a few weeks ago and felt the food was very good. It's served a little bit differently than the others we've gone to here. It seemed a little more "up scale". We'd heard from our friends that they loved it so had to try it. True on it not being so noisy!!

Boudicca 01-13-2019 08:11 PM

Brisas Del Mar in lady lake rat 441 is also very good
Brisas del Mar Lady Lake | Best Kept Secret | 352-755-8912

M Mamros 01-24-2019 07:02 AM

Tried Casa Agava last night for the first time. Very disappointed. Food just OK, Margarita had an unusual taste. Back to Los Magueyes until we find something better.

Jgg7933 01-24-2019 07:32 AM

Los Magueyes Mexican much more resonably priced

If looking for good Mexican food at reasonable prices you cant beat Los Magueyes in Save a lot parking lot in Wildwood. They have "Taco Tuesdays $1.00" and "Enchilada Wednesdays $1.00" with Happy Hour Ice cold draft beers for $1.25. I have called Brisas Del Mar and Casa Agava and asked if they had any specials like this and neither restaurant competes! And their regular priced menu items are significantly higher. When I can go to Los Magueyes and get 2 great Tacos and 2 draft beers for $4.50 + tip that's my kind of place!

Chi-Town 01-24-2019 09:11 AM

Really enjoyed Casa Agave
Extensive menu and full bar. The food and service were excellent, and the Margaritas had plenty of tequila and tasted authentic (an unusual trait around here).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Carla B 01-24-2019 12:08 PM

Have been there three times and really like the quiet, comfortable decor. I don't know how to describe the food or what to call it. It doesn't take like Tex Mex to me. That's not to say it's bad, just different from Tex-Mex.

russtcc 01-25-2019 10:03 AM

If leaving the Orlando airport go north on 436 to Chuy's on the left side of the road. It started in Austin, TX and is the best Tex-Mex we have found since moving here from Texas. Ask for the jalapeno sauce with your chips. Not that spicy and delicious. Great food and atmosphere at reasonable prices.