Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New flyover of ongoing construction (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-flyover-ongoing-construction-282199/)

Goldwingnut 01-13-2019 02:25 PM

New flyover of ongoing construction

Here's my latest flyover of the constructions going on in The Villages. This was shot last Sunday and I finally finished editing it yesterday. The telemetry overlays require a lot of extra work and time due to the file sizes (20+ GB) of each flight. This covers most of what is going on at the southern end of the community. Some new areas are also included in the video.

On the YouTube page for the video there is a note below the video with a request for some additional specific feedback, please take the time to read it and if this applies to you please help me out on this.
Thanks.

On-going Construction 1-6-2019 - YouTube

Sorry, no flying or updates for this weekend, the winds are too much in the upper altitudes where I usually fly.

Joeg180 01-13-2019 02:48 PM

Nicely done

Joeint 01-13-2019 03:22 PM

Thank you for all your time and effort in producing these videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

debbydebby 01-13-2019 04:21 PM

Nobody does it better......

Thanks

queasy27 01-13-2019 05:23 PM

Don, if I may ask, who is complaining about the videos? I can't fathom why anyone, including the developer, would object to them. It's free marketing!

GRobinson9 01-13-2019 05:59 PM

My appreciation.

Don, Thank you for all the time and effort you devote to these interesting and informative flyovers. Anyone who doesn't like them or objects to your efforts are just the same folks who find some time to type some inane comment on ALL the places they can find to do so.
Personally I wouldn't consider meeting with them. Devote your time to more worthwhile adventures. George
PS Have you considered paint ball drops on these folks? Can the drone be equipped with a quick release mechanism?

graciegirl 01-13-2019 06:12 PM

Excellent as usual. Thank you so much.

Two Bills 01-13-2019 06:32 PM

Brilliant. I cannot understand why anyone would post a negative comment for a person who puts in so much time for all to keep up to date on expansion. Sad.

kcrazorbackfan 01-13-2019 06:38 PM

As always, bravo! :bigbow:

champion6 01-13-2019 07:11 PM

Thanks for another great video.

Some comments:
  • Your text about the River Bend Rec Center caused me to look closely at it. I think it IS "another new concept" because there is no pool.
  • "Can't help but wonder what will go in next to shooters World." It will be a small plaza for retail/commercial/office.

Goldwingnut 01-13-2019 08:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1615897)
Thanks for another great video.

Some comments:
  • Your text about the River Bend Rec Center caused me to look closely at it. I think it IS "another new concept" because there is no pool.
  • "Can't help but wonder what will go in next to shooters World." It will be a small plaza for retail/commercial/office.

River Bend is scheduled to have a pool and a "Splash Pad" according to the plans on file. Also scheduled is fire pit, a pavilion,and some "play equipment" (see first picture). My comment was concerning the overall layout of the River Bend area, the tennis and pickelball courts are slightly separated, the freeform pool, there are more amenities present, and the building is larger - 11,000 sqft, vs the usual 9,200+/- sqft. for a VRC, See second picture for area layout.

Obviously it will be some sort of retail/commercial/office space, what is planned if anything is unknown and will there be any connection to the possible future retail.commercial/office space that you occupy the 18 acres north of Shooter's World that was hotly contested at last weeks Wildwood zoning meeting.

flyguy909 01-13-2019 09:55 PM

I am a resident of Fenney and everytime I drive through these areas my head is on a swivel. I am astounded with the scale of what's going on. Lately I've been intrigued with the colossal earth moving by the dozens and dozens of tri-axles.. and building those huge mountains of dirt.

Also appreciate the telemetry in the upper left corner. Really helps sometimes knowing what direction you're facing.

VApeople 01-14-2019 07:09 AM

I think Chitty Chat is a poor name for a new neighborhood. It is easy to imagine what people will call that neighborhood.

By the same token, some of the names for streets in Osceola Hills and Pine Hills are strange - Heiny Place, Coward Court, Manly Place, and Vertigo Court. Do you think names like that will affect resale value>

skip0358 01-14-2019 07:18 AM

Excellent job. Amazing how fast things are moving along.

zmarkp 01-14-2019 07:44 AM

Your flyovers always make my day! Thank you.