Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Weather Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/)
-   -   Contrails clouds (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/contrails-clouds-282687/)

Topspinmo 01-19-2019 10:53 AM

Contrails clouds

anybody look up yesterday see all the contrails that turned into clouds and haze? I wonder with all the solar energy push does that affect power out put? Looked like tic tax toe board turned into clouds and haze. Ok, now you SAs can enter now :1rotfl:

sounding 02-27-2019 07:20 AM

They are called "contrail" clouds. "Condensation" trails. What's an SA?

DeanFL 02-27-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1617320)
anybody look up yesterday see all the contrails that turned into clouds and haze? I wonder with all the solar energy push does that affect power out put? Looked like tic tax toe board turned into clouds and haze. Ok, now you SAs can enter now :1rotfl:

Default Contrails clouds
anybody look up yesterday see all the contrails that turned into clouds and haze? I wonder with all the solar energy push does that affect power out put? Looked like tic tax toe board turned into clouds and haze. Ok, now you SAs can enter now

Last edited by Moderator; Today at 08:23 AM.

---------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bit confused here...what's new. Just saw this post and have a question:

Thread opened 1/19, apparently no rsps to initial post. Then 'Last edited by Moderator; Today at 08:23 AM.' Then this am 1 posting in response....

Can a Moderator simply edit a posting? If so - seems to me to be wrong. It's understandable for the Mod to delete an entire posting due to rule regs...but modify one's posting???

Am I missing something here?

anothersteve 02-27-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1628555)
Default Contrails clouds
anybody look up yesterday see all the contrails that turned into clouds and haze? I wonder with all the solar energy push does that affect power out put? Looked like tic tax toe board turned into clouds and haze. Ok, now you SAs can enter now

Thread opened 1/19, apparently no rsps to initial post. Then 'Last edited by Moderator; Today at 08:23 AM.' Then this am 1 posting in response....

Can a Moderator simply edit a posting? If so - seems to me to be wrong. It's understandable for the Mod to delete an entire posting due to rule regs...but modify one's posting???

I don't know about here but I'm administrator on a guitar forum and we can "modify" another's post. We do not do it unless there are rules and regs that the posters ignore, ie: cursing, calling people out,personal attacks, ultra dirty jokes, political discussions that get out of control................etc
Steve

Moderator 02-27-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1628555)
Default Contrails clouds

Nope. Moderators cannot edit or modify a post. The most we can do to a post is edit a misspelled title when the original title may be unclear or confusing. But the body of a post or thread is off-limits.

DeanFL 02-27-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1628574)
Nope. Moderators cannot edit or modify a post. The most we can do to a post is edit a misspelled title when the original title may be unclear or confusing. But the body of a post or thread is off-limits.

Thanks. Understandable and logical. But can someone explain

Moderator 02-27-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1628584)
Thanks. Understandable and logical. But can someone explain

I can’t say exactly, but because I know all the mods, I suspect there was a misspelling in the title, or a confusing title. As explained above, it’s not a question of “should not” edit a post, it’s “can not” as in not able.