Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New homes in the Historic Area (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-homes-historic-area-283325/)

VApeople 01-26-2019 08:17 AM

New homes in the Historic Area

We always look at the homes for sale in thevillages.com and I noticed two NEW homes for sale in the historic area across 441. They are 'cotttage homes' and they both look very nice.

On the website I had noticed there was a new series of homes called 'cottage homes' but I had never seen a new home that fit into that category. Now I have.

asianthree 01-26-2019 10:36 AM

They used to be called ranch homes

Tom C 01-26-2019 10:59 AM

"NEW" ? built in 2018 or 2019? Link?

bagboy 01-26-2019 11:14 AM

Cottage Home series dates back to at least 2010, probably earlier.

graciegirl 01-26-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1619359)
Cottage Home series dates back to at least 2010, probably earlier.

That is true. However when a home comes up, a modular one, in the area's first occupied here, and the home is at a reasonable price to replace and resell at a reasonable price, the developer will buy it, take it away, and build a new one. It is kind of Urban Renewal.

I know you know that bagboy, but that was for new people who don't know that.

I think it is a good thing to do.

I in NO WAY am saying that the area is shoddy or badly kept. It is a beautiful area, and the only reason I can think for replacing some of the older modular homes is their Hurricane resistance. We have dear friends who live in beautiful modular homes. Please know I did not mean my post unkindly..

Tom C 01-26-2019 01:18 PM

Gracie,

Are you saying the BUILD a new home (foundation, block walls etc.) or they BRING IN a new modular home?

Thanks from all of us who don't know / can't see from here...

Bogie Shooter 01-26-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 1619395)
Gracie,

Are you saying the BUILD a new home (foundation, block walls etc.) or they BRING IN a new modular home?

Thanks from all of us who don't know / can't see from here...

The old is completely removed and rebuilt slab up.

Tom C 01-26-2019 01:30 PM

Thanks for that clarification. Seems like the NEW homes value would be pulled down by the OLD homes surrounding them until the balance is reestablished.

It is always best (when selling) to own the least expensive house in the neighborhood. The converse is also true.

graciegirl 01-26-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 1619402)
Thanks for that clarification. Seems like the NEW homes value would be pulled down by the OLD homes surrounding them until the balance is reestablished.

It is always best (when selling) to own the least expensive house in the neighborhood. The converse is also true.

Actually it appears that all of the homes values have been brought up, not only by this, but by the fact that The Villages overall is a wonderful place to live desired by a LOT of people. AND the new homes are priced to sell, but within a reasonable comparative value to the homes around them.

bagboy 01-26-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1619369)
That is true. However when a home comes up, a modular one, in the area's first occupied here, and the home is at a reasonable price to replace and resell at a reasonable price, the developer will buy it, take it away, and build a new one. It is kind of Urban Renewal.

I know you know that bagboy, but that was for new people who don't know that.

I think it is a good thing to do.

I in NO WAY am saying that the area is shoddy or badly kept. It is a beautiful area, and the only reason I can think for replacing some of the older modular homes is their Hurricane resistance. We have dear friends who live in beautiful modular homes. Please know I did not mean my post unkindly..

I think it's good also. Regardless of the type of home, many of the lots are scenic. I wonder though....if any of the homes replaced were moved to another location outside of The Villages and used as a home by someone?

kansasr 01-26-2019 02:47 PM

These homes are snapped up, usually before they're even on the market. Being next to a manufactured home certainly doesn't appear to be an issue. In fact, sometimes you're not sure if you're looking at a manufactured home or one of the new builds.

DangeloInspections 01-26-2019 03:01 PM

We have done many one year warranty inspections on new homes in the historic section.

I think what makes The Villages successful is the fact that they know that there are all sorts of people who come here....so they endeavor to have something for everyone.

Folks in the Historic section tell me they like having a neighborhood with mature trees, bigger lots, the bond already paid, etc. They are close to the (for now) center of The Villages, close to the Hospital, shopping, etc.

Some folks love the Northern section, some love Fenney, DeSoto, etc, some love being close to Brownwood, some love being close to the center of things.

Some folks love their Patio Villas, some love their Premier homes. Many love in between.

It's all good. I for one am glad we are all not carbon copies of each other.

Frank D.

billethkid 01-26-2019 03:20 PM

The notion that because there are manufactured homes there is lessor value to the neighborhood.

That is not the case. Very mature landscaping, less traffic than a lot of the new areas along with all the other amenities of TV.

Great opportunity for those who want to down size or just have a smaller second home in a very nice environment.

Villagevip 01-26-2019 03:28 PM

But, but replacing historic relics from the past, with the new, is denying the future for all generations to come..We must realize that, by covering up our history, we are bound to report it, and repeat it....

Arctic Fox 01-26-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1619416)
Actually it appears that all of the homes values have been brought up, not only by this, but by the fact that The Villages overall is a wonderful place to live desired by a LOT of people. AND the new homes are priced to sell, but within a reasonable comparative value to the homes around them.

Whenever I'm over in that part of TV I get the impression that it must be a very "neighborly" place to live. I have no idea why I feel that, though.