Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Connect Hearing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/connect-hearing-283850/)

Bryant 01-31-2019 05:01 PM

Connect Hearing

Anyone have experience with Connect Hearing in the Winn Dixie place, but closer to Publix? Thank you.

ureout 02-01-2019 07:25 AM

No... but where ever you decide to go make sure they carry all the top brands of hearing aids..and test out a few different ones.. each brand usually has a unique difference in your ability to hear

if connect hearing doesn't work our for you try Express Hearing
541 Fieldcrest Dr, The Villages, FL 32162 I've worn HA's for 8 yrs. and have used 3 different HA stores and found Express Hearing to be honest and they work hard to get the correct settings for your hearing needs

gatorbill1 02-01-2019 09:44 AM

I guarantee if you go to any hearing place to have hearing tested - you WILL need a hearing aid - try someplace that just tests, not sell

Dan9871 02-01-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1621094)
I guarantee if you go to any hearing place to have hearing tested - you WILL need a hearing aid - try someplace that just tests, not sell

I went to a Villages Health a number of times over 4 years for complete hearing tests by an audiologist, initial test and follow ups, but was not recommend to get nor sold hearing aids.

Finally after about 4 years of follow ups they finally told me I needed hearing aids and sold them to me... and they were right, the difference with the aids is amazing.

villagetinker 02-01-2019 10:03 AM

I would go to an audiologist first to get an independent baseline hearing test and their opinion as to the type of hearing aid they would recommend. Hearing aids run from maybe $800 each to over $4000 each. Personally I found the lower tech over the ear ones worked very well for me, however I know people that have the very expensive ones with the phone interface, etc.
IMHO, since this was my first hearing aid, I went with the lower cost unit, and figured if I needed the capabilities, I could always upgrade, as I recall, HearUSA offered a trade in policy for the more expensive units.

graciegirl 02-01-2019 10:57 AM

I have worn earring aids for almost forty years. Initially I was diagnosed and fitted by an excellent audiologist.

My current hearing aids help me more and are quite a bit less expensive than the prior ones. I cannot thank the technician at Villages Ear on 466 enough. They sell all of the finest hearing aids and are very good at fine tuning them and are reasonable in price. Our company insurance had a "deal" with an excellent hearing aid company that had their selected "dealer" nearby. That other office aggressively called me nonstop. The Villages Ear gave us the same price as the "deal". I went in to talk to them and I was very defensive at first. All hearing aids are sold for a HUGE margin. I must say that the man who fitted me who has done it for decades knew what he was doing. Both he and the owner of the two business locations of Villages Ear are dependable and in my view ethical.

Bryant 02-01-2019 12:48 PM

Blue cross/blue shield referred me to 2 "in nework" hearing aid places, Connect Hearing which only sells 1 brand of aid (Phonak with a 2 week trial) and Advance Hearing Ctr of America., who I haven't been able to get to yet. Bc/bs will pay $1500 after deductible, so I can't throw that $$ away. Think I will call them back and see if they have an others.

ureout 02-01-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryant (Post 1621146)
Blue cross/blue shield referred me to 2 "in nework" hearing aid places, Connect Hearing which only sells 1 brand of aid (Phonak with a 2 week trial) and Advance Hearing Ctr of America., who I haven't been able to get to yet. Bc/bs will pay $1500 after deductible, so I can't throw that $$ away. Think I will call them back and see if they have an others.

phonak is a good hearing aid and hey have many models..
as far as the 2 week free trial period I believe in Florida they have to give you a 30 day trial

Bogie Shooter 02-01-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1621115)
I have worn earring aids for almost forty years. Initially I was diagnosed and fitted by an excellent audiologist.

My current hearing aids help me more and are quite a bit less expensive than the prior ones. I cannot thank the technician at Villages Ear on 466 enough. They sell all of the finest hearing aids and are very good at fine tuning them and are reasonable in price. Our company insurance had a "deal" with an excellent hearing aid company that had their selected "dealer" nearby. That other office aggressively called me nonstop. The Villages Ear gave us the same price as the "deal". I went in to talk to them and I was very defensive at first. All hearing aids are sold for a HUGE margin. I must say that the man who fitted me who has done it for decades knew what he was doing. Both he and the owner of the two business locations of Villages Ear are dependable and in my view ethical.

I agree about Village Ear.

Indy-Guy 02-01-2019 10:59 PM

Clark Howard top 10 places to buy hearing aids

10 retailers offering the best deals on quality hearing aids - Clark Howard

Bryant 02-01-2019 11:16 PM

Wow, Connect Hearing came out on top for customer satisfaction. Very interesting ! Thanks guys for all the advice.